.......BLANK! Whew! I actually sat down twice today to write a post......nothing! Both times! I am pooped! (I wonder what kind of freaky searches that word will bring?)
Our Vacation Bible School started last night at church and I have the 4 year old class. Yesterday we had 10...tonight 12! They are a great group of kids! I am really looking forward to the rest of the week, but say a prayer that I arrive at Friday with my sanity! Man....they are sure energetic! I've had youth classes for so long I forgot how fast paced the little ones are! I am loving it though, and I have great helpers!
There is a sweet little boy in my class who's Mom was killed in a car accident just over a year ago. In fact, a year ago this past Valentine's Day. This boy has touched me both nights! Tonight when we talked about what we pray for, the usual dogs, and cats, etc came up,..but he said he prayed about his Mom...I told him I prayed about that too, and I wish you could have seen that baby smile!
Our lesson tonight was about hero's. John was the hero in the lesson tonight, but as I sit here typing...two more heros come to my mind. Some of you know them, for those of you who do not.....this little boy is pretty much being raised by his oldest brother (20 years old) and his girlfriend(1 year older). These two are both in college and working and have so much on their plates yet they have the 4 year old and a 13 year old brother at SS and Church most every Sunday. And at VBS this week! They have both stepped up where they shouldn't have had to, and are doing an amazing job! So here's to my hero's tonight....Adam & Christina. I know that God will bless you two for what you are doing, and I know that there is a Mom in heaven who is so very proud of you both!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


6 comments:
I'm glad you are able to be an encourager for that sweet little boy. Precious story.
By the way, we must be equally crazy. I, too, am working this week at VBS in the four year old class. Game Day Central?!?!? Where heroes are made......
Very sweet post...and it just shows that kids need encouragement too! Good job, my friend! :-)
They are doing more than some parents! Kudos to them...and bless you for your work in VBS.
Speaking of being npired by faith...wow, what a lesson we can learn from them! I know there is a Father who is very proud too!
What an amazing story of courage among tribulation. These "kids" picked up the pieces and kept their family together and beating the odds..Here, Here to Adam and Christina- I'm sure you were just doing what you had to do, but you deserve a big hug and pat on the back for it as well!!!
Wow, they are definitely heros in my book!
Post a Comment