
Recently in my life God has been working to open my eyes to something. I haven't been praying like I should be. I mean, I do pray. But what am I praying about? Who am I praying for? Are my prayers just out of habit? Or is there an urgency to my prayers?
So needless to say, when I saw the quote for this week on Laurels blog, I thought well, okay.......this is for you, Deedra!
I don't want to go into great detail for fear of hurting someone (because I know I have a lot of local readers, and remember...I do live in a really small town). Let me just say this....I have become painfully aware of real, serious need. I have also been made aware, through this knowledge, that if I had been paying attention, if I had been on my knees in prayer as a christian should be......then maybe this situation would have already been resolved. Because I do believe in prayer, and I KNOW that God answers them!
I'm not trying to be secretive, in fact...the only reason I share this is to say this.....keep in close contact with God. What if there is someone out there who you can reach, but you are unaware? If there were real prayer in your life, God would be able to reveal this to you......if not, how else is He supposed to get in touch with you?
I am mainly writing this to myself, but if it can help someone else.......that would be wonderful too!


10 comments:
Thanks for sharing your heart.
Don't be hard on yourself because, after all, it is all supposed to happen in the Divine's time, not ours. So you are meant to come to understanding and the situation will resolve when it is supposed to & in accordance with the Plan, right? :-)
Great post! Yes there are times we see that prayer could have stopped or slowed a situation. But we can only say afterwards, Forgive me for missing the first signs...and pray for mercy and grace in the situation now. Praying alongside you.
OH I love this and it is so true, don't you love when you write a post knowing it is really Christ speaking to YOU, but in the end you end up blessings all of us.
Have a blessed day.
It is such a blessing to meet other moms who are seeking every day to honor God and serve others. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, hope to see you again soon! Nina
Great post thanks for sharing from your heart. I hope and pray the situation you speak of gets resolved soon.
In his endless love,
Angel ():)
What a great reminder to be in prayer about specific things rather than just random (in my case)lazy prayers because I am in a hurry!
Great Post!! Thanks for sharing!
His grace is so great- don't beat yourself up, the best thing we can do in these situations is lear from them! Great thoughts!
You are absolutely right, Deedra. Sometimes we need a little wake-up call--even if it is through a quote challenge. I am sometimes walk with blinders over my eyes and don't see the need around me.
Thank you for the reminder to take off those blinders.
Blessings on your Wednesday and always.
Post a Comment