Monday, June 11, 2007

Misc Ramblings....(as if I ever do anything else!)

...okay, so I feel that I have completely lost touch with the reality that is blog land. After all, I have discovered and do believe that it's true, that there is a sort of "community" that exists out there on the blog circuit, if you will. I mean, if I happen by some one's site and notice that they haven't posted in a few days or , heaven help them, a week, I wonder if everything is okay.


So, with all that being said, I have received a few emails asking where I've been, how the big 1st birthday went, and so on. So! Let me just tell you all about it!......Go ahead and grab a coke, (because I live in the south and there are no sodas here, just cokes, and Pepsi is included in that category!) because this could be a long one!


The first birthday went beautifully. We spent a quiet day at home because I wanted no grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc. etc to charge that I am never home and they never get to see the baby...We had a small party after church on Sunday at the park for immediate family and a few of Carter's church buddies. Now, it has not rained here in ages but, of course, on that day rain was in the forcast. At this particular park, you have to walk a little bit to get to the pavillions, but it's worth it for the playground. It is Fabulous! Anyway, just as the guests began arriving, the bottom fell out. Complete with thunder and lightning. No worries though, we were safe under the metal pavillion, just beneath the super large trees beside the metal chain link fence. Oh, right by the creek. Yeah,....REAL safe!


Anyway, the rain didn't last long and a good time was had by all. Now, if you happen to be waiting on messy, all over your face pictures of Carter and his cake. It didn't happen. He picked at his cake like a 3 year old girl in a princess costume. I should have given him a large plate of mashed potatoes and then maybe we'd have pictures! He did however, LOVE the mud puddles left after the rain!


As for last week, it was a blur of VBS fun finished off by family night on Friday where they brought in the big blow up moonwalk and a dragon obstacle course. It also rained right before time to go outside on Friday night, so those blow ups were more like water slides and oooh so much fun for those kids, and kids at heart!


Then of course on Saturday we probably infected half the population of our town with the chicken pox, however, by Sunday morning I figured out what was going on and did have the decency not to infect the rest by going to church. (that makes me feel sooo much better, let me tell you!)


Anyway! I think that sums it up! Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure!









Look, Mom.....a girl who can ride a John Deere! I think I'm in love!

5 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

That last picture cracks me up! Too funny!

Dianne said...

That is a fun post and the pictures are great as well. I knew from what you had posted that you'd been busy, but I'm glad to see that you're back!

Keep us updated about the chicken pox. Hopefully they won't last long.

Melissa Lea said...

Hey we have all been busy!! Hope little C had a wonderful day!! Thanks for the picture! It is really cute!!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that sign was there the whole time. I promise I never saw it. I guess that is why two of those kids in that picture of the creek are mine. At least the snake they found in it was already dead. Maybe that was a sign about the water if the snakes cant even survive.

Tracey said...

Awww, like we talked about before, I was hoping for pictures of that precious boy with cake ALL over his FACE!!! Maybe he'll be a neat and tidy little thing and you won't have to worry about a disaster of a room when he's a teenager!

Cute pictures! I love the John Deere one!