Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fit4Life Friday......


.......Well, okay girls! Here we go! Last Friday's post (along with the 347 reminders I've put at the bottom of my posts since then) were greeted with excitement and willingness to participate in this endeavor,...so! Let's make ourselves better, shall we?

The concept of Fit4Life is to share our goals for our lives and how we are going about reaching those goals with others. These goals can be anything that makes you a better "you". Ideally, if you have a blog, you would post these goals and your progress toward them there each Friday, then sign the linky so we can all encourage you as you work toward your goals. If you don't have a blog, leave your goals and progress in comments, or email them to me,...or both! And, of course, everyone will be leaving encouraging comments here, 'cause I need me some encouragement....yes, I do!

Okay?

I had hoped to have a button ready by today, but it's not ready yet, so maybe by next week!

So! Here are mine:

1. Get into better shape. I used to run/walk 4-6 miles every day before work. Needless to say, I have not done that in a while. I felt so good,...and was really comfortable with my weight at that point. I want to work towards that level of fitness again, and hopefully loose weight in the process. As my child gets older, I want to have the energy to keep up with him!

2. I want to focus on taking better overall care of myself. As in, what I put into my body. Food & drink, as well as time. I have been blessed with this body. I am healthy, and what right do I have not to treat myself as God meant for me to?

3. I also want to work on managing my time better. Some days I seem to work all day and get nothing done, then end up being stressed out and still have nothing to show for my efforts. I want to be able to enjoy the time with my child without feeling like I have so much left to do....all the time.

Now, for my progress since last week!

I have walked 5 of the 7 days this past week. I have tried to walk a minimum of 2 miles each day, which to some people may not sound like a lot....but to someone who hasn't done a whole lot of exercise in a while,...it's big! There have been a couple of days I had to break it into 2 walking sessions, due to lack of time, energy or patience of my child...but I did it!

I have also been mindful of what I have been eating. We haven't been eating out as much lately anyway...which always helps! I am even trying to cut out my beloved Diet Coke...or at least cut waaaay down, and drink lots more water!

This past week....I lost 6.5 pounds!


I hope you'll take part in Fit4Life Fridays with me! I look forward to reading your goals and encouraging you along the way! If you are joining in, please sign the linky below.....and don't forget to comment.........Good luck girls!!


16 comments:

The Henderson's said...

Great goals! And Congratulations on the 6.5 pounds that's awesome!!! And a GREAT BIG Thank You for hosting!

Anonymous said...

My sister and I have been walking the 2 miles every morning before work. It may not seem like much, but do the math: 2x5=10 miles!! Next time someone asks you how much you walk....10 miles/week...now that sounds good!!! The buddy system works for me! My goal is to feel better, more energized, and have more patience!!!! Thanks for getting us all moving!!!!

Anonymous said...

Having a friend along side really does help. My goal is to feel better, less stressed, and lose the belly roll. Something happens when you get close to 40....anyway, I am taking the extra money from no more Friday Night Football games to join a fitness center. And as I said, friends are the key! Have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

hey deedra..

i'm going to write a post on this, but haven't got time this minute...

just wanted to tell you this is great!

a few of my goals?

1. walk/run 5 days per week. I have lost 3.5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks I have been doing this..of course that is what I gained while on vacation so it's no real accomplishment, but at least i didn't let it stay...:)

2. try to cut down on diet cokes. *sigh* why oh why should i have to cut back on something that makes me so incredibly happy?? could it be that i've got to get rid of my brain fog?

3. be showered and dressed by 10 am every day...cause Luke has got to be tired of coming home for lunch to a smelly girl still in workout clothes ...

that's enough for one week. :)

Anonymous said...

Nspiredbyfaith are you feeling any better? I hope you guys get to make it to the birthday party tonight. I have made a special hat for Farmer Chicken Little to wear. It's pretty ugly but it the thought that counts right? Maybe he will like it.See you guys there we hope. cwx2

Anonymous said...

6 1/2 pounds? Holy cow, you are taking this seriously. Just be sure to drink lots of water and don't push too hard and you will meet all your goals! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, I havn't done my post yet either, But I will.....maybe tomorrow! I had a great walk with ya this morning and am really encouraged to get some things in order! Thanks for the motivation!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I have a little something for you at my blog...Take a look when you get a chance! :))

Lisa

Deedra said...

Thanks to everyone (so far) who is participating this week! I'm so excited to be sharing in this journey with you! Don't forget to cheer each other on this coming week!

Deedra

Anonymous said...

I was sick this past Friday, but would love to join. I will post this next week! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and stay strong in the word and you will meet your goals!!

Crystal said...

Wow... 6.5 lbs and walking 2 miles each day!? That's great!! :)

I'm a little late, but I did participate this week.

Alycia said...

Great job!!! I plan on joining in with this Friday ~ we had some sick kiddos here this past Friday so I didn't have a chance to blog. But, I am focusing on my efforts this week and hope to share some progress this upcoming Friday :) I just got home from my run/walk for the evening !!

Have a great day!

Alycia said...

P.S.

Here are some of my goals for thsi week:

#1 - exercise daily ...either jogging or walking or combination for thirty minutes a day.

#2 - eat healthy meals...whole grains, lean meats and veggies.

#3 - Reduce sugar drastically...my sweet tooth has been causing alot of trouble for me!

#4 - And most importantly, go to bed early enough to be able to wake before the children, read my Bible and feel refreshed for our day (and to keep up with the children joyfully!)

Thanks!!!

eph2810 said...

How wonderful that you are on your way regarding your walking. Neat that you did already 5 days this past week. I really need to get back into the habit of walking, I am still trying to figure out when to do it...

Actually I was thinking about your challenge all last week and I cut way down on my diet Pepsi. For some reason I put weight on when I drink that stuff--so back to water and green tea :)

Be blessed today and always.

Dawn said...

You are doing so good with your walking. Exercise is my hardest part. I am excited to be participating in this.

Anonymous said...

This is always a good idea....goals, and holding each other accountable, you can't go wrong with that combo. I am also working this summer on the exercise goal, I always feel sooooooo much better when I work out regularly. I posted a ton of fitness tips for busy moms on my blog awhile back....but being the newbie blogger that I am, I have no idea how to leave a link in a comment???

Thanks for the encouragement to get us busy women moving.