Sunday, June 10, 2007

Great.....JUST GREAT!!!

.........my sweet darling baby boy went for his one year shots last Monday. He went through the usual fussiness for a couple of days. He went to Bible school every single day last week, then to a birthday party filled with babies 7 months to kids 4 years old. He hugged on everyone he saw, and even shared his pacy and sippy cup with a few at the party. (when we saw them of course we stopped them).................today he has a fever and red blisters all over. I am pretty sure (as are 2 nurses and fellow moms) that it's chicken pox. Yeah, that's right, chicken pox.

You wanna guess what one of the vaccines they gave him last week was for?...........uh huh....... chicken pox. Yes, my child has probably just infected half the children in our town and he got it from a shot!! Another ironic thing? My grandmother had shingles earlier in the year, and we kept him away from her because we were told he could catch chicken pox from her....they said he would be immune after he got the vaccine. I guess now he'll be immune after he has the virus!

They also gave him a hepatitus vaccine. I guess chicken pox is the better of the two to become active and run rampid through his little body.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

That would SO be the kind of luck I would have...hope he's over it quickly! Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Awww...poor kid! He probably hasn't infected as many as you think thankfully, if they are over 1 they've probably been vaccinated. Still, just the headache of telling everyone and the poor little guy itching like crazy. Ugh! Poor thing!

Julie said...

Oh geez, so sorrry about that. My little one got a very mild case of chicken pox even though she was vacinated. Only about half a dozen sores.

I hope it is a mild case and all is better soon.

Tonja said...

Life with kids...crazy, isn't it?
All 3 of my boys got them.....2 weeks apart. Fun City! And when they go through a family, the virus tends to get stronger....I thought I would have to find a skin transplant for the last one. But, all was well...it all went away. We are wonderfully made, aren't we? Good Luck!

Mindy said...

Sounds like my kind of luck to pass it on to everyone!
Sorry to hear he has the pox....hope it is a SMALL case and he will be better really soon!

eph2810 said...

Good grief! That is not good. But what I have heard and remember from way-back-when, chicken pox have a 21 day incubation period. So I guess he already had the chicken pox when he got his shot :(