Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Other Words.......

"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."~ Oswald Chambers ~
I absolutely love this quote! It isn't always easy to live by faith, but when we remember the One who is leading us, and just how much He loves us....that makes the journey a little easier. Now that my son is a year old, people are always asking...when are you gonna have more? or, Are you going to have more? etc, etc, etc....my reply to those questions is this: If God blesses us with more, we'll have more. If not, we won't. After all the fertility shots and treatments that only led to heartbreaking miscarriages, God taught me something very important. He is in control. Things happen in His time.
My Mom isn't doing so great lately. I can't tell you how many times my phone rang today with her asking the same question each time, then forgetting she'd called and calling again. My sister called in tears because she was doing the same thing to her. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, ....or the next day,...or the day after that. But I do know that God made her this way for a reason, and He has helped us through 15 years with this illness, and only with His help will we make it the rest of the way. However far that may be.
"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."~ Oswald Chambers ~
for more In Other Words, visit Sting My Heart.

12 comments:

Tonja said...

Another quote along the same line:

"I don't know what tomorrow holds,
but I know who hold tomorrow."

And one of my favorite verses for times such as these:

"Because of God's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Miriam Pauline said...

Bless you! God is in control and even when it does not make sense knowing that He makes sense can keep us going. Praying for you, your sister and your Mom right now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for admitting you sometimes struggle. I have a virtual friend who was talking about how hard it was to see herself as a sinner. She is newly coverted to Orthodoxy and was preparing for confession and described looking into an empty mirror. She simply didn't see sin there. Oh, she could point out sin in others... she wrote [Perhaps I am not alone in this struggle]

I love when others share these kind of thoughts. Like yours [It isn't always easy to live by faith], it reminds me that I am not alone in my struggles. Blessings ~

Pearls of Wisdom said...

My dear friend,

I am so sorry you are going through this with your Mom right now. I remember reading your posts on your Mom before. I have dealt with this in the past also with a family member. I will keep you in my prayers this week . If you ever need to talk , vent or a prayer partner, feel free to email me. May the Lord bless you this week and always.
Great post.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

Denise said...

Bless you dear one, keep holding on to your faith. I will be praying for you, and your precious mother.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you going through this illness with your mom. But God will continue to hold you ALL in the palm of His hand. Thankfully, this life is temporary. Hold on!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

It is so hard to watch our loved ones get sicker. Especially in the faith department. I mentioned finances were an area I have a hard time walking in faith - but this is another - believing God has control of our loved ones and their illnesses. You and your mom will be in my prayers....

Full of Grace said...

I'm deeply sorry about your mom-I hope she is able to get "back on track" very soon!

I also wanted you to know I appreciated your honesty about some of the struggles you faced with conception, pregnancy and miscarriage...I feel deeply for you, as I can relate to some of it myself!
Dote on your son, cherish him (as I know you do) and God will reveal His plan for you and your family in time!!!
Sending a hug your way!

eph2810 said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your mom not doing so well...
Regarding having children--we were blessed with one :) and I am okay with that. He now is 22.
Also, our associate pastor and his wife tried for years to have a child. They finally had a child and now she is pregnant again - with twins this time. You are right, we never know what God has in store for us, we just need to trust...
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.

Blessings to you and yours...

Changed by His Love said...

Keep clinging onto Him...thanks for sharing about your trials with fertility - so many more people are sharing these days.

Faerylandmom said...

Wow. I can't add anything. I have no motivational or quirky word for you. I do, however, have admiration for your faith, and I'm glad I stopped by.

JHS said...

My support and love goes out to you as you deal with your mother. Went through that with mine and it was soooooooooooo hard. As for nosy people asking about future children, just tell them what I tell my classes when I'm doing training/teaching: There are certain questions that are simply "nonyas." That means "none ya bizness." So just tell them "nonya" and walk away, leaving them wondering. :-)