Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thankful Thursday...


This week has been a tough one. My baby is teething, and no one in our house is getting much sleep. He just doesn't feel good! He started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks, so we aren't used to that around here! Today, I am thankful for:


I am thankful for a healthy baby, and family.

I am thankful for teething tablets and teething gel.

I am thankful for Big Bob Gibson's Barbecue sauce....BBQ baked potato makes my lack of sleep fade momentarily.

I am thankful for DVD players in vehicles.

I am thankful that God has provided a way for me to stay home with my baby. When I think of the hours I used to work, I can't imagine missing that much of his life!

I am thankful for a wonderful church family. Our pastor asked us on Sunday to go to the people in the congregation we were upset with, or mad at..and make it right with them. I didn't have to go to anyone. (and more importantly, no one came to me!) Most of the time, everyone gets along! That IS A BLESSING! I have been places where that wasn't the case!

I am thankful for our pastor and his family. They have such a desire to serve the Lord, and they are a blessing to our entire community.

I am thankful that all of my siblings are married to Godly spouses, and that my nieces and nephews (on both mine and my husbands side of the family) will be raised in Godly homes.

I am thankful that I have not seen my neighbor naked in his yard yet this summer. Maybe he has seen the light! I keep dreading going by because I know it's bound to happen, but not so far this year...Thank you!!

I am also thankful for a God who hears my thoughts even before I speak them and is already working on them


What are you thankful for this week? To participate in Thankful Thursday, visit Iris, at Sting My Heart. ( I highly recommend it! We don't stop nearly enough to count our blessings!)



19 comments:

Crystal said...

What a great list of thankfuls...I hope your babies teething will go by quickly so you can get more sleep...
Blessings

eph2810 said...

Are you serious about your neighbor? Oh my. But then again maybe it is normal for him to walk around naked *grin* - or is it a she?
I remember when our son was teething many, many year ago--not pleasant at all.
It is great that you are able to stay home--right now I could surely use a break.
No wonder you like your pastor and his family...Just thinking about Lisa makes me smile.

Thank you so much for sharing your blessings with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Deedra said...

Iris, My neighbor is a man...an old wrinkly one!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful list.

Grandparents Corner said...

I remember those days, like 36 years ago, trying to find a store still open in the wee hours of the morning for teething gel. Poor little one.

I hope your naked neighbor spends his time indoors this summer. ;)

Praise God you can stay home with your children.

Have a blessed week!
Bonnie

Christine said...

Love that neighbor!! I bet there's a good story behind that...

Hope your little guy's teeth come through soon!

Full of Grace said...

Have a wonderful thankful thursday, I would be especially thankful about the next to last one(not seeing your neighbor without his skivvies) :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture and a wonderful list. I hope you will get some sleep soon!!!

Mary said...

What a great list. It's such a huge blessing that your extended family is following after God. That's awesome!

Blessings on your day.

Nise' said...

That neighbor of yours... I have brother-in-law just like him! Yewwww. Enjoy those baked potatoes. Wow, what conviction...I wonder if anyone would come to me to let me know they were upset/mad at me in church. Thanks for sharing.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

What a great list.

It sounds like you have a great church family. That's wonderful.

~Betty~

Deena Peterson said...

I'm thankful you haven't had to deal with a n*ked neighbor as well:-)

So glad to see your thankful post about your pastor:-)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Luke and I are so grateful for your family too. We are so blessed to have such a loving church family..I can't think of anyone who is mad at anyone and isn't that a miracle in itself in a Baptist church?? :)) I am also excited your new job venture is going so well. I almost typed, "I wish I had your gifts"! Oh my! I just preached about not envying other's gifts!! :)) I will say instead, I admire your gifts..:))

Love you! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Great list of thankfuls!
As a preacher's wife I have to tell you it warms my heart to see you appreciate your pastor's family so much!
And I'm afraid to even think about your neighbor..........I know there is a lot of land out there where you are - How in the WORLD did you end up with the nudist neighbor?

Deedra said...

Mindy, I'm just lucky that way, I guess!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

ROFL about your neighbor! Teething is awful--I remember that stage and the lack of sleep that comes with it.
I have to ask, how do you make bbq baked potatoes? They sound delicious!

Blessings~

Rita Loca said...

A great list. trust the little one feels better soon!

Melissa Lea said...

That is truly a great list! Hope you get some sleep soon!!!

Monkey Giggles said...

I love you little guys outfit. It is so cute. I wish we adults could wear stuff like that and get away with it. It looks comfy....