"By perseverance the snail reached the ark."~ Charles Spurgeon ~
perseverance
Noun
persistent determination to adhere to a course of action; insistence
I think that alot of us think we persevere in many parts of our lives, our christian walk included. However, once you have read the definition of perseverance, do you still think that word fits your walk with Jesus Christ? Does it fit ALL the time? Does it fit ANY of the time?
If the snail had waivered on his course the way we sometimes waiver in our everyday walk, do you think he would have ever made it to the ark before the door slammed shut? Would you make it to the door before it slammed shut?
Think about that! Just think about all the curves that are in our road. Think of how many times we start and stop in our walks. Think of the U turns, and the times we turn completely around and walk the other way! These things do not represent a persistent christian, they are lukewarm signals. And you know what He says about lukewarm!
I pray that God will help me to follow Him with perseverance. Not to waiver or falter, but to be determined and insistant in my walk with my King.
For more thoughts on this weeks In Other Words visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.



15 comments:
Thanks for not watering down your post. ;)
It's a great feeling to walk towards perfection (Christ) it's all entirely different emulating it. Still, I'm reminded that when we fall or stop, where sin abounds...grace abounds much more. Glory!
PS I smiled when I entered here...great blog design!
"Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice."
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/
I think without His strength I would be spending eternity in the pit. I am just glad that He called me into His marvelous light and I don't have to worry about when I waiver. I know He will set me straight--even if it hurts at first.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.
Blessings on your Tuesday and always.
I'm so thankful that God knows that I will have stops and starts and u-turns, and patiently waits for me. Such grace! Thanks for sharing.
I loved your thoughts on this weeks quote, thanks for sharing.
Your post is beautiful. The Christian walk isn't always easy but so worth it :) I love your blog design BTW....
how true, how true!
I must admit, I love your quote "by perserverance the snail reached the ark"! I never really thought about it this way, but oh my- what a job for a snail! It does help bring us to think of the true meaning of perserverance!
Thanks for once again making me think! :)
Great Post ! Thanks for sharing. It is so great having the grace of God and knowing he is always there.
May you be blessed this week and always.
Angel Mama ():)
It made me think about how off track I get. It made me think "What is my purpose today!" God's or mine. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for sharing this thought. I pray that I listen to the voice of the Spirit and realize when I have followed the U-turn instead of Him.
When the way gets too easy---turn around!
I'm really trying to draw closer to Him when my walk is bumpy.
Great post~!
Blessings~
Great post...I love your blog design.....
Blessings
Thank you for your thoughts. I am so thankful that when I take that U-Turn, He is so gracious and merciful to re-direct me and sometimes its very bumpy!
Wow, that really speaks to your heart! And convicts. I needed that good kick in the butt today!
ok, first I love your blog header! too cute!
I pray that God will help me to follow Him with perseverance. Not to waiver or falter, but to be determined and insistant in my walk with my King.
that's my prayer today too!
Wow! That's a powerful post! We know just where you stand! :-)
Really cute blog, too. Love the graphics.
Post a Comment