Thursday, May 3, 2007

Blog Fodder Blessings....

...okay, so I truly believe I am being blessed with blog fodder. At least that's how I will choose to look at the train wreck of a day I've had. Okay, so I had to work tonight. The meeting started at 5:45 and I needed to arrive by no later than 5:15 to get everything set up. No problem. At least I didn't think so!

Usually on the days I have to actually get dressed and do something productive, my little man usually wants his Mom even more than usual Which is a lot! (not that I am complaining!) But today he was such an angel. Well, except for throwing his sweet potatoes directly in my face, but that was an accident! He was aiming for my hair, I think. He played with his tractors while I got dressed & did my hair...for those of you who have seen my hair, you know it takes time to tame! so this was a while! So, then I decided to get him dressed and put him in his carseat and start a movie on the DVD player before I pressed my luck with him and he got too fussy. I did that, loaded the car, locked the doors and turned of all lights, tv's etc....7 or 8 minutes max!

Strapped myself in the car and turned the key. .......nothing....try again....nothing......oh crap you stupid moron you ran the battery dead! you know you have to START the car before you load a dvd and play it......you know how sometimes when you hit complete panic your entire body breaks out in a pin prick type sweat? How you know you need to be moving but you are afraid if you do you'll faint?....well! That's what happened to me in that moment! PANIC! I -could-not-be-late!!!

Okay, so then I remembered I had bought one of those chargable jumper things you use to boost your car off with so I grab it from the back and hook everything up....nothing...ahhhhhhh!!!! Call husband, he said, well, did you turn it on?, theres a switch to turn on the power before it will boost...well NO! I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A SWITCH!..

Okay, so get the vehicle started, drop off baby,...make it on time....meeting went fabulously! I drove home chatting on my cell with my husband, when all of the sudden, about 2 miles from where I was to pick up baby....Fuel light comes on, vehicle IMMEDIATELY goes dead. I told my husband what was happening, he said...did you not put gas in it?...Okay, ladies...you KNOW the tone he used...you know, THAT tone!...grrrr! YES I PUT GAS IN! THE HAND WAS ON A QUARTER TANK WHEN I LEFT. OF COURSE I PUT GAS IN! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I EVER RAN OUT OF GAS???HOW MANY??? well, it would seem that I have now ran out of gas exactly 1 time. Now, while I was sitting there at the stop sign waiting for my husband to bring me gas, the local fire department who had blew by me, flashers and all, with lights and sirens blazing a few minutes before, came back up behind me and turned on their lights, the FLASHING ones!

I had to laugh! I've never had flashing fire truck lights behind me and a fireman walk up to my window before....anyway, the nice firemen pushed me out of the road into a nearby parking lot to wait for my husband. I did not tell them I was out of gas, I simply said, Well, my battery went dead earlier today...my husband will be here soon...It's HALF true!

Also, my cell died while I was calling the friend who had my son, and ironically, I was sitting at the end of the road where the
spreader truck was stolen from, and I could hear REALLY loud yelling and partying somewhere in the darkness (NOT a good neighborhood! Thank goodness, I had my trusty Beretta in my purse!).....and I missed the ENTIRE episode of Grey's Anatomy..thank goodness for DVR (I hope THAT worked!) I'm going to bed before anything else happens!

8 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Thank goodness! What a day! It is amazing how an ordinary day can turn into such an adventure, huh?

Tracey said...

It's usually the days that I'm really pressed for time inbetween appointments that crazy things like this end up happening!

I had a 3:30 appt. yesterday afternoon with a professional stager at one of my listings and got caught up in the worst traffic jam due to construction that this little town has ever seen---arrived an hour later than planned. It was horrible!

What can we do but laugh and pray tomorrow is a better day!

And by the way, I KNOW THE TONE! Gotten it many times! ;-)

Dianne said...

Here's what I'm sayin'...car trouble freaks me out! I can't stand that 'sick in the pit of your stomach' feeling that I get when I hear a weird noise or turn the ignition and nothing happens! I usually start thinking "$$$$" at the same time! UGH! Luckily your problems were easily fixed...
:-)

Hope you have a great day today!

Full of Grace said...

Wow, that was seriously "one of those days!" I'm glad your meeting went well, and I'm glad your night is over. Like I said in my blog, I'm glad for new days/ new beginnings- it's a new day for you; Enjoy :)

ps...selfishly, I've missed your visits, even though I know you've been BUSY with a cranky teething baby, cows eating toxic grass, cars "dying" etc... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh girl. I hope you got some rest last night. What a day. Maybe this one will go a little smoother for ya!

Melissa Lea said...

Sorry you had a bad day! Hope today is much better!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Ran out of Gas!! Oh now that is just terrible. If there is ever a next time, please call me instead of hubby. Then you won't have to be reminded of the Day You Ran Out Of Gas for the rest of your everloving life. :)) I keep good secrets..:))

I'm glad you had a good turn out!!

:))

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I've had those kind of days! I can completely sympathize. However, what is with the car company not letting you know sooner that you are out of gas? What's a girl to do?