
I have so many things to be thankful for. Yesterday I followed my husband and son as we moved one of the tractors from one field to another location. I drove the truck, they drove the tractor (don't freak out, it has a cab...and my husband is the slowest driver in the history of the universe!) in front of me, and I could see my husband's back, with his hat on (which I'm sure was a John Deere hat) and just over my husbands arm I could see my son's head, he had his John Deere hat on too. And I just about cried my eyes out! That was the sweetest sight. Every few seconds my husband would look down at my son, so I knew he was talking to him. I couldn't help but wonder what he said. Tonight as he washed his tractor (yes, he washes it, and WAXES it..and armour all's it), little man was sitting in his wagon nearby and his daddy told him that one day this would be his job, so I'm sure he was telling him about the farm that I hope my son one day loves as much as his Dad does.
I'm thankful that I live in a place where you can drive your tractor on the road and the people who drive around you wave as they go by! (at least MOST of them do! Others don't use ALL their fingers when they wave at you!)
I'm thankful that my husband does not often have to drive in a place where you MUST drive faster (ie: Atlanta...Oh dear Lord, the horror of riding with him there!) Because he drives tractor speed at all times, and if you pass a tractor dealership.......well, let's just say I've learned to grab the wheel if that should be the case!
I'm thankful that my husband lusts after tractors, not women.
I'm thankful to know that as you read this, I'll know that there will be several prayers going up for me today. I am going to be babysitting my 3 month old nephew. Please pray that my 11 1/2 month old maniac does not attack him, hit him, scratch him, pull him in to the floor, or any of the other horrors I have imagined since being asked to babysit by my sister. And, please pray for her too, 'cause I'm sure she has the same concerns! Especially after I told her about his attack on the sweet little girl (1 week younger than he is) in the nursery at church on Sunday!
If you would like to participate in (which I highly recommend) or read more Thankful Thurday posts, visit Iris at Sting My Heart!


19 comments:
Your post made me smile, thanks.
Girl - you are too funny. It is so awesome to read that your hubby has such passion for his son and having fun doing it :)
Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.
Blessings to you and yours.
It's great when Father and son can spend time together on the tractor....Your husband must be one of those people who are labeled a "Sunday driver"
Blessings
Doesn't it just touch your heart when you see you husband and younguns enjoying time spent together?! I can see why it would bring tears to your eyes!
And I agree about the whole, I'm thankful my husband lusts after tractors instead of women (my husband has the same problem with guns!) :)
We live in an area where the tractors take up the road too. I love it.
I can picture your hubby chatting with your son. That's awesome. Not every daddy takes that precious time to teach and train the next generation. Blessings on your day.
The Father Son riding on the tractor image melted me girl. And people not waving with all their finger, had me laughing out loud.
So you are the Sunday Drivers we chat about, hehehe.....
And good Lord I am thankful your husband lusts after tractors also, just think...YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SKINNER. Hhehehe.
((((big hug))) you are such a sunshine to me.
That picture of C and K is so Norman Rockwell...You are blessed Dear Friend..as if you didn't already know that...
And who did C attack?? I'm LMBO over that one..:))
Blessings on your day of babies!
LIsa
I always smile when I first arrive at your blog! The smile stayed on as I read your thankful post and a giggle escaped as I read about people waving with a finger instead of their entire hand! Thanks for sharing.
How sweet!! I am thankful for your blog, you are so funny. I guess we better start a prayer vigil for you. :o) I haven't had babies around in 18 plus years. I have two teenage sons and they keep you busy but not like when they were babies.
Have a great day!
Patty
Your thoughts on driving the tractor on the road and people waving at you makes me miss New Salem very much!
THANKS for the sweet memory reminders!
Hi there! I was just popping by to say THANK YOU for your very kind words and birthday wishes left to me via my sisters blog! They were very sweet and made my day that much sweeter!
I have to say, I loved it when you said 'I am thankful that my husband lusts after tractors and not women." That is my husband inside and out-and boy does THAT make me thankful too!
I loved your post. Thanks for sharing it made me smile. I loved the part about your son and husband talking ..how sweet. You sound like me. I wonder if you live near me...LOL as they drive tractors on the road all the time. Many blessings to you and your family this week and always.
Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)
What a beautiful picture you painted of your husband and son on the tractor! Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day!
This is such a beautiful blog:) Prayers for your babysitting for sure.
God Bless,
Betty
Hope all goes well with babysitting!! I'm sure it will!! Loved your list! Have a wonderful day!!
Your post reminded me of the song by Craig Morgan "International Harvester"...I have a feeling your man would get a kick out of it!
And my dad was the same way if we drove by a Kenworth or a Peterbilt dealership:-)
What a sweet story. There is nothing like seeing a daddy being loving to his child!
awwww what a sweet post!!
Great list. I can picture your husband and son on that tractor. So sweet.
Post a Comment