Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thankful Thursday...





Many of you read my "In Other Words" post on Tuesday, if you didn't, you may not understand completely the relevance of my thankful today. With Mothers Day this weekend, I am thankful for my own mother, but today I want to express just how thankful I am for my Stepmom. She & my dad married when I was 18 and she has become such a rock for my family. She is by far the best thing ever to happen to my dad. She is a Godly woman who is the most soft spoken & sweetest person you will ever meet. (not to even mention the best cook on the planet!) I am SO VERY THANKFUL that my son has his Gran for a Grandmother. I know that she will be a wonderful influence in his life, as she is in mine.

I am thankful for my mother in law and that she raised a wonderful son, (even if she doesn't always realize it) and that she is also in my son's life!

I am thankful for my Grandmother. She is fiesty as can be at 71, and oh so proud of her great grandbaby. Mine is the only grandbaby (there are 11) or greatgrandbaby (there are 8) with brown eyes, and that tickles her to death. My ENTIRE family has blue eyes, so when my baby's eyes turned brown (like his dad's) I think she called everyone on her gossip circle to share the news! (If you don't know what a gossip circle is, it's the group of old ladies in town who call each other, much like a prayer chain, only they discuss the latest gossip in town!)


Also, I am thankful that I am a Mother. This is a blessing that, for a long time, I wasn't sure I would have. But God had great plans, and blessed us with our beautiful baby boy on June 1 2006. I am so very thankful for the opportunity to be his mom.


If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

17 comments:

Denise said...

Blessings to you, and all of your loved ones.

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have this strong circle of women around you. I am ssoooo jealous. Bless your heart for appreciating them in such a great way.

Thanks for stopping by my FUNNY FACES

Lori said...

This is sweet. I pray you have a wonderful Mother's Day and am lavished with tons of kisses and hugs.

Blessings.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

What a sweet dedication to your step mom. Thanks for sharing and may the Lord bless you this week and always.

Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)

Homekeeper Mom said...

You are so blessed to have such wonderful women around you! Not everyone is so blessed! Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Love in Christ,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Tracey said...

What a great tribute to the ladies in your life---all of whom have inpacted the person you are today!

Much love and happiness for a special Mother's Day this weekend!

Aisling said...

I miss my mom, she died aged 56 when I was 30.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am a loser..I didn't even mention my mom in my thankfuls! Forgot THIS WEEKEND was mother's day..Oh well...I guess I'd better go add that or I'll be in trouble later.:)

And what better motivation to be a phenomenal mother than to have had a less than perfect childhood? I am determined in this area that my children will know every day they are alive they are the greatest things on the planet..even if their mom is a little weird..:)

And C's mom??? She's the greatest! :)

Mindy said...

What a wonderful tribute.
And I just have to stick this in here ----at least around here it is hard to tell the prayer chain from the gossip chain sometimes .....=)
also the gossip chain reminded me of an episode of The Andy Griffith show and Aunt Bea calling all the other ladies to share the gossip.....=)

Susanne said...

What an absolutely precious blog you have!! Motherhood is such a blessing...thanks for sharing all your thankfulness. Have a wonderful day!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a treasure you are to these women, to appreciate them so much. God Bless You for realizing what blessings they are...

Crystal said...

What a great tribute to the Moms in your life.....thanks for stopping by my blog and saying Hi!
Blessings

Nise' said...

Wonderful tribute to the women who played such an important role in your life. Enjoy your Mother's Day

Amypie71 said...

It sounds like you have an awesome stepmother and mother - praise God for these two ladies :-)

Melissa Lea said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing! I hope one day that I have a child or children who will write about me the way you right about yours!Have a great weekend!!!!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Your stepmom sounds wonderful! Loved your post!

Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Such an encouragement over and over to hear of the strong Christian women leading a legacy for us to pass on! You have truly been blessed with amazing women in your life!

Be Blessed