....I hope this Friday finds everyone feeling good and excited about your journey! I sure am! This has been a busy and difficult week, but I still managed to get in my morning walks 5 mornings this week! Sat, Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday! I am definitely feeling better for the effort. I actually got a bit over eager on Monday and did a few too many squats and lunges. My squaters and lungers were reallllly sore on Tuesday!
I have been working on drinking lots of water, and I think this is really paying off! I feel much better, and my skin even looks better! This morning after my walk I had a nice healthy glow instead of looking like I had a big sweaty tomato head! Definite improvement, wouldn't you say??
I am trying to eat healthier and haven't done too bad this week, especially considering the holiday! I eat so much healthier when we eat at home, so I'm trying to eat out as little as possible....(Bonus!.....Dave Ramsey would be so proud! If you haven't read his book Total Money Makeover, you should...it's fantastic!!) We actually did eat out on the 4th but my child acted so terrible at the restaurant that I only had a few bites, so it worked out okay for my diet.....not so much for my nerves,..but that's a whole other post!
This week, (drumroll please!) I have lost 4.6 pounds, for a 2 week total of 11.1 pounds!
In the coming week, I want to:
Continue my daily walks, but I want to start adding a lap every week or so, and increasing my speed little by little.
Make time for stretching before my walks.
Add some weight training.
Focus on my quiet time, and journal my daily studies...(thanks for the idea, Jenny!) I'd love to be able to go back in a few years and see what I studied during a particular season of my life!
I hope that if you are joining me in this journey, you'll post your progress and your goals for this week. If you are just joining this week, welcome! I'm so glad your here! Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment!
Have a wonderful, healthy week ladies!!
I have been working on drinking lots of water, and I think this is really paying off! I feel much better, and my skin even looks better! This morning after my walk I had a nice healthy glow instead of looking like I had a big sweaty tomato head! Definite improvement, wouldn't you say??
I am trying to eat healthier and haven't done too bad this week, especially considering the holiday! I eat so much healthier when we eat at home, so I'm trying to eat out as little as possible....(Bonus!.....Dave Ramsey would be so proud! If you haven't read his book Total Money Makeover, you should...it's fantastic!!) We actually did eat out on the 4th but my child acted so terrible at the restaurant that I only had a few bites, so it worked out okay for my diet.....not so much for my nerves,..but that's a whole other post!
This week, (drumroll please!) I have lost 4.6 pounds, for a 2 week total of 11.1 pounds!
In the coming week, I want to:
Continue my daily walks, but I want to start adding a lap every week or so, and increasing my speed little by little.
Make time for stretching before my walks.
Add some weight training.
Focus on my quiet time, and journal my daily studies...(thanks for the idea, Jenny!) I'd love to be able to go back in a few years and see what I studied during a particular season of my life!
I hope that if you are joining me in this journey, you'll post your progress and your goals for this week. If you are just joining this week, welcome! I'm so glad your here! Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment!
Have a wonderful, healthy week ladies!!



13 comments:
Congrats on the loss!!! You're motivating us to keep up. Thanks for hosting us.
Go Deedra, It's your birthday! (that said while doing the little arms out and in a circle in front of me!) I have really enjoyed our walks and thanks for the encouragement!
YOU GO GIRRRRLLL!!! I am so proud of you and for you! If I wasn't already doing the May Day Challenge, I would SO sign up for Fit 4 Life...I may still do it anyway!
I know what you mean about squatters and lungers...swimming laps everyday last week had my arms and legs so sore, I could barely make it up the stairs to my Sunday School class! But knowing that we are doing something SO good for our bodies (His temple) makes it WAY worth it!!
Have a great weekend sister!
11 pounds?? Holy cow! That is awesome! I can't even fathom losing that much. If I did I would be down to ideal weight. Darn those last pounds! :)
You keep up all you are doing and you will continue to feel great!
Great job....I walked the beginning of the week (raining so much I can't get to the track) and it felt so good...the fouth didn't help, but I'm getting back on track. Can't wait to say that I've lost 11 pounds. Good for you!!!
Thats impressive!!!
You are doing great. 4.6 pounds for one week is really good. I'm sure walking five days during the week helped.
Thanks so much for hosting this challenge. And it will be a challenge for me. I followed The Preachers Wife here. I am a little late but your encouragement will get me started on Sat. Thanks for the inspiration.
I am proud for you on your weight loss. I am trying, I am swimming everyday and I am trying to build up my laps in the pool. Keep going and you inspire me!!
I have tagged you. This is my favorite one because it's about Jesus. Come by and see what to do!!
Have a blessed weekend.
Patty
Hey Girl! It's me again!! Just wanted to let you know I have tagged you for a meme. Come on over and check it out!
Great Job!!!! I am so proud of your weight loss efforts and sucess!! You are doing such a great job with your exercising too! I am mentally on board but had a hard time eating well this past week. I have joined WW online and am now doing the Core program! I've felt so healthy eating this way before and am back on track this Monday and will continue (with God's help!) until I reach my weight loss goals (30 pounds). Thanks for this encouragement~ I really enjoyed reading your post as well as, the other ladies too!! Keep up the great work!!
Great job, baby! Having discipline with your diet and your debt is a great thing, and I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself. Thanks for spreading the word about Dave Ramsey, too. Here's looking at you, kid.
Wow, way to go!!
I didn't do so well this week, so I'm not blogging about it. I gained a pound, then, umm, lost it. :( I have a bad tooth and haven't been able to eat much. *sigh*
Post a Comment