Saturday, July 28, 2007

Slacker 101...

slack·er /ˈslækər/ –noun

1. a person who evades his or her duty or work; shirker.
2. a person who evades military service.
3. an esp. educated young person who is antimaterialistic, purposeless, apathetic, and usually works in a dead-end job.


—Synonyms 1. malingerer, dodger, laggard.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


Yep! That pretty much sums up how motivated I've been today. (well, except for the military service and the dead end job part!) I sooo need to be cleaning my house! From everything that's going on this week, it's in desperate need of a good scrubbing!....You wanna know what I'm doing right now? I'm taking a break from mopping. Yeah, pathetic, I know! Incredibly pathetic that I actually took the time to look up the definition of slacker and then write about it...Maybe I'm just after a little sympathy from my girlfriends?? Empathy maybe?

The good news is that one of the local rescue squads is hosting a rodeo this weekend, and we are hoping to take Carter for his first dose of Redneck entertainment tonight! Yee Haw! I really don't care too much for the rodeo scene myself. Horses are pretty, but the odor really turns me off to them. I know, strange for someone who writes about cows and chickens every other day, but I don't actually ride the cows and chickens, or even really touch them for that matter. That's the difference for me!

Anyway,...this slacker has to get back to her mopping before Rambo wakes up from his nap!

4 comments:

The Henderson's said...

I SSSOOO feel your pain!!! I've been cleaning all week, it was to the point that I couldn't put it off any longer. And, if it makes you feel any better, I just got finished cutting grass!?!?

Hey a rodeo sounds fun, we've not been all summer. We have one in our area and of course it rained the night we wanted to go (it had not rained in WEEKS!)

Have fun I'm sure Carter will love it!!!

Full of Grace said...

My house could use a good scrubbing- I did work on it a bit this morning but the mountain of laundry is unfortunately beckoning my name, otherwise it will be known as Everest!

I hope you had a wonderful time at the rodeo- I Love Them Myself :)

Susanne said...

Love the new layout! I know exactly how you feel girlfriend..."takes one to know one" and all...
Have a great week!!
(...and don't be too hard on yourself...one thing about housework...it ain't goin' anywhere!!!)

Shelly said...

You crack me up!
You get my sympathy AND empathy. I really think a break is well-deserved after mopping!!!

Hope the rodeo was fun!!!