Friday, July 20, 2007

Fit4Life Friday...


It's hard to believe it's Friday again already! I hope everyone has had a great week! Hopefully all of your hard work is paying off with big results, and big rewards for you!

Last week I didn't get to meet up with my walking buddies, but I have done that 3 days this week. I did walk at home by myself a couple of days for a total of 5 days this week. I actually walked one day without pushing my son in a stroller and felt like I was on a break! It's amazing just how much it adds to a workout to push that stroller! I also managed to do some strength training 2 days this week as well.

I have really tried to watch my diet this week. I cut way back on the bread, and have been adding in as much water as I can possibly drink and cut back on the diet cokes. At this point I might drink one a day, but not every day. I think as you get used to not having them, you just don't want them! At least that's what I'm telling myself!

Drum roll please! This week I lost 3.8 pounds for a 4 week total of 18.6 pounds!

In the coming week I want to:

Continue walking and strength training.

Add in some ab work. This is an area I really want to work on. I do some crunches on a ball when I do strength training, but I have a great pilates video(Windsor Pilates, 20 minutes) that has worked wonders for me in the past...I hope it will again!

Continue to watch my diet and eat healthy foods. I don't want to hit a plateau anytime soon!

Wish me luck!

I hope that if you are joining me in this journey, you'll post your progress and your goals for this week. If you are just joining this week, welcome! I'm so glad your here! Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful, healthy week!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaaa Whooo!!! for you on your loss this week! That is GREAT! I know you have goals to be able to wear certain clothes by Christmas. I am sure that if you keep up this kind of work that you are going to do it! I love fall clothes, so I want to be able to wear a cute shrit tucked into jeans by football season. That has been a goal of mine for the last years, b/c I don't do tucked! Anyways, You are going great! I am proud of you!

Rita Loca said...

You go girl!!!

The Henderson's said...

Wow, another great loss!!! Keep it up and Thanks for hosting!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!! Walking that many days with a child....my hat goes off to you!!
My team is still walking 5 days a week. I can tell a big difference in my stress level!
Thanks for hosting!!

Shelly said...

Wow girl!
i
I'm not participating per se, but you ladies have just encouraged me to continue to just eat right and keep my temple healthy!
I have a major sweet tooth :)

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Girl!!! I am so proud for you. Can't wait to see you, 18 lbs.....I know you are looking and feeling it...Keep it up!

I walked four days this week and did some stretching....I to feel better from just doing that. It helps with my stress level sooooooo much.

Leaving for the beach in the morning and won't be back till next Saturday.....I will think of you and wish you were there with me. Experts say to reward yourself for weight loss with something other than food.....so when we all have met our goals.....let's all go to the beach together!!!

Have a great week1

K Tilley

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Girl!!! I am so proud for you. Can't wait to see you, 18 lbs.....I know you are looking and feeling it...Keep it up!

I walked four days this week and did some stretching....I to feel better from just doing that. It helps with my stress level sooooooo much.

Leaving for the beach in the morning and won't be back till next Saturday.....I will think of you and wish you were there with me. Experts say to reward yourself for weight loss with something other than food.....so when we all have met our goals.....let's all go to the beach together!!!

Have a great week1

K Tilley

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I must have hit the publish button twice.

KTilley

Dawn said...

You are doing great! I'm sure the walking helps a lot. You are getting me motivated to get my butt moving and exercise more.

Ella said...

Well done, you are doing great. I would love to see the same kind of results. I'm having a problem with the weight loss, maybe you can give some tips.

Deedra said...

Carrie, that is awesome! I'm so glad you are de-stressing through your walking! I can only imagine who is on your "team"! I'm sure you guys are having a blast!

K. Tilley
I am all for a beach trip reward! woohoo! I hope you guys have a great vacation!

Thank you so much everyone for all your encouraging words and comments! When I'm feeling like blowing it for the day (ie: a king size 5th avenue) I can always come back to your comments for a little extra boost! You guys are awesome!