Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday....

I am thankful that I have a warranty on my Tahoe. The guy who called me on Tuesday from the dealership to tell me that he thought it might have a cracked head is probably thankful for that too. He sounded like he was dreading telling me, until I reminded him of the warranty.


I am thankful again for my VW. I would be insane by this point had I been trapped in my house all week with Rambo (This is what our mailman calls my son. Quite fitting, actually)

I am thankful for Gary who sells fresh produce on the corner to those of us who are too lazy to plant a garden. He has the best tomatoes in the world.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who even though he works 12-14 hours every day, comes home and takes Rambo with him to check the cows and farm,...so Mom can have a little sanity break.

I am thankful that we have a roof over our head, food on our table, and live in a place where you can drive down the road and have people wave when you pass by. Or call to check on you if you miss church one Sunday.

I'm thankful for my morning walking buddies: Jenny & Lisa. Even though we are huffing and puffing around the track, it feels like a bit of a "break" before I start my day.

I'm thankful that even though Iris is on a break, Laurel is hosting TT this week. Please go check out everyone else's thankfuls, and maybe even post some yourself!


14 comments:

Lori said...

Rambo...I love it!! Sanity breaks are AWESOME =) And Praise God for warranty!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for walking buddies, too. Blessings...

Aunt Angie said...

Loved your thankful list....but reminded me that I have no warranty....yuk!
We have a "vegetable guy" who comes around to our office on Wednesdays...I would rather go to my mom's garden and pick...but I can't do that everyday!
I love the red checked blog!
Be blessed!

Melissa Lea said...

What a wonderful list! You are too sweet! We just paid off our explorer and now it's for sale at Uncle Richard's car lot. Guess I'll be going in some more debt before long!! Have a great day!

Changed by His Love said...

Rambo - okay, I am ROFL! Hysterical. That's so nice to have a veggie guy and to have people to check on you. Many blessings to you today.

Shelly said...

Cracking up at your reference of the gentlemen who sells fresh vegetables b/c we're all pitiful! lol

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Great post!

Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

I too am thankful for you! BYW, my girls love "Car P-ke!" they get so excited in the mornings when we talk about going to see him, and the above quote is how it sounds when they say his name.

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing. So glad you get a break from little Rambo. Funny! My hubby would do the same when the kids were little. Found out later that he did it because he would get supper a little sooner. :) Love the fresh veggie and fruit people. Bless them! Have an awesome day.

Denise said...

Thanks for making me smile, bless you.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I always love to read your lists. They somehow manage to make me laugh. Glad you have the warranty too...And great walking buddies! Can't beat that!

Deidre said...

Thank God for those warranties!
Great list.

Dianne said...

And I'M thankful that I found your blog and gained your friendship! I really think we would be buddies if we lived close to each other.
You're fun and thought provoking and I like those things in a person! :-)

Hopeful Spirit said...

Great list!