Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday.....


It's taken me until 2:41 PM to manage to write this Thankful Thursday post, but with the kind of week I've had, I feel as though I should list my thankfuls,.....

  • I am thankful for my healthy family.
  • I am thankful for the prayers for my Mom's friend, Tony. We went to see him yesterday. He is bad. He is having a really hard time breathing and can barely hold his head up to talk to you. It's bad. Please continue to help us pray.
  • I am thankful that my vehicle only overheated when I was sitting still yesterday, so we were able to make the hour and a half drive home safely. We just put down the windows and turned it off at every red light and stop sign. It was 90ish degrees. Fun.
  • I am thankful that when my vehicle started overheating while I was actually driving this morning I was only 10-15 miles from home, and on my way to the dealership to have it repaired. I am also thankful that my husband could leave work to come get me and my child. I am also thankful for the tow truck that hauled in my vehicle to the dealership. I am also very thankful that it was 7:45 AM and not 97 degrees yet! And that none of the 157 18 wheelers that blew by us as we sat on the side of HWY 117 hit us.
  • I am thankful that I still had my trusty VW Passat at home that I could use to do my business today. I am thankful that even though we hardly ever drive it, all it needed was to be boosted off to get it going.
  • I am thankful that even though like a moron I forgot and turned off the engine (after only a few minutes of letting it run) at the dollar store, and it wouldn't start again, that I was able to use my trusty battery charger (Sams $40) to get it started again.
  • I am thankful that with all the car trouble I have had the past week, I had an extra cell phone at home to replace mine when it died the other day.
  • I am thankful that I replaced my camera that was laid down in water on the 4th of July last week. I can't afford it this week...lol
  • I am thankful that now that I have depressed each of you, there are (legal!) drugs available to help with that.
If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

15 comments:

Julie said...

I am sorry you had all those car troubles this week. That must have been awful.

You have a great attitude!

mandy said...

i'm NOT a fan of bad-car days!!!!
so... i was just scanning your profile - noticed that you are decidedly NOT a redneck. hmmmm..... the farm animals and southern baptist roots and checkerboard background tell me otherwise!
j/k - i, too, know rednecks when i see 'em.....you aren't missing any teeth are you? :)
blessings today!

Denise said...

Bless your heart, sorry about your car troubles.

Changed by His Love said...

So sorry to hear about your car troubles! And you haven't depressed us, just makes it easier for us to pray for you this week for that area of your life. ;)

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Sorry about your car troubles. No fun. You made me laugh in the end though!!

Shelly said...

Girl. You deserve some serious chocolate after a day like that! I'm so sorry!!!!!

And as a photo lover, I too am glad you were able to go ahead and get that camera ;)

Lyndy said...

Oh goodness you have been having the same problems as I have with an over-heating car. Fun times. I pray they get yours fixed.

Have a blessed day.

Lyndy

Tracey said...

bless your heart! Car trouble is the worst! But at least you can smile and be thankful in the midst of it!

Anonymous said...

Well, hey, at least you still have your sense of humor intact. And everyone knows, when you are broke, that's priceless! :)

Have a good, inexpensive, Friday!

Deidre said...

Great TT list. I love your blog! Such a happy place. I've enjoyed reading. Thanks for visiting me. I will be back!

Brenda said...

LOL!! Sorry for all your car troubles, but your sense of humor is still very evident!
Blessings upon you! :)

eph2810 said...

I am totally NOT depressed after this post - actually it inspired me. I am so glad that you made it through every.single. situation. That is so awesome.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Lori said...

Car troubles are the worse girl. Can I just come on over and give you a big hug, I don't think I could have been so positive =)

I pray next week is so much better. Girl I had that kind of week with my gas at home (as in gas water heater, cold showers; gas over, microwaved dinnners; gas dryer, wet clothes)...
See =)

(((((BIG HUG))))

Lori said...

I meant oven not over

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I am ROFL at your last thankful. :) I've been having one of those days myself and I am thankful for the laugh!

What a list---good grief, you poor thing. Praying for you to have a better week!

Blessings~