....I received a phone call yesterday (Tues) morning about my Mom's friend, Tony. They say they are just "friends" but we know better! They have spent every waking weekend moment together for several years now. Anyway, Tony became very ill Monday afternoon and went to the Dr. He was having problems breathing and the Dr. sent him to a local hospital by ambulance...he was then immediately transfered to a large hospital an hour and a half away. The doctors have discovered that Tony has cancer. His lung and liver are "eat up" with cancer and the doctors aren't giving him alot of hope. They said it could be a matter of days...... but I know that prayer changes things!!
There is one kind of chemo used to treat this type of cancer and it may or may not work, he has decided to try it. His first treatment was to be at midnight tonight.
He doesn't have much family at all. Please help us pray! This man has been such a blessing to our family. Many of you know the situation with my Mom, and I'm just not sure how we would have survived the past several years without Tony's help.
Please pray for Tony, and for my Mom. I think she's still in a state of denial, or shock maybe....but it's going to be bad when she soaks this all in!
Thank you so much!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


6 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about this devastation. The worse part is they found it in such late stages! I will be keeping Tony (and your mom) in my prayers!!!
That's terrible. I will be sure to pray for everyone involved too. Keep us posted.
I'm so sorry, that is so hard to hear! They are in my prayers!
I am so sorry to hear this news. I will pray for the doctors as they work with him.
I will pray for your Mom, that she will have a good understanding of this process, and will find strength deep within to cope.
I will pray for you as you deal with Tony's illness, and help your Mom as she goes through this trial.
God Bless you all
Tonja
Dear Jesus,
I pray your peace and comfort upon Tony right now. Lord, there are things that happen to us that we can never understand, but we know that you have a plan. I pray that you will be with Deedra's mom. Lord wrap your loving arms of grace around her right now. Surround her with your love. Give them all the strength and courage that they need to deal with this calamity. Jesus you are the Great Physician, let your will be done through all the doctors and treatments. Give them all victory sweet Jesus, despite this trial!
In Your Precious Name I pray...
AMEN
Will definately be praying!
Sorry to hear that about your mom's friend. Will pray for him and for her!!!
Was in your neck of the woods (sort of) until this morning....next time I visit maybe you and Lisa and I can get together! That would be fun!
in him -
Mindy
Post a Comment