I hope this Friday the 13th finds you feeling great, and getting more excited about your journey! Hopefully, you are seeing the results you want as you work toward attaining your "better you" goals! I know I sure am! I can feel myself getting stronger, and have even gotten a few comments on my weight loss thus far from people who didn't have a clue what I have been doing. Which is always nice to hear, right?
I haven't been able to meet up with my walking buddies so far this week, but I have walked 4 days this week, and rode my stationary bike 1 day. Since I haven't been making it to my usual walking spot, I have been walking at home this week. It is a challenge to say the least! Between our driveway, and the roads that go around our farm, I can really get in some distance. And there are lots of hills so it doesn't take long to feel the burn! Plus Carter loves checking out the tractors, trucks, cows, and dogs along the way from his stroller...Our 2 labs serve as our escorts!
Last week I mentioned that I wanted to add some strength training and make time for stretching. I did stretch before and after every workout and did some strength work one day this week.
And it paid off! This week I lost 3.7 pounds! For a 3 week total of 14.8 pounds!
In the coming week I want to:
Continue with my walks, and continue to add time and intensity to them as they become easier.
Add 1 more strength training session,..up to at least 2 a week.
Pay really close attention to my diet. I know that you loose more weight in the first couple of weeks of your diet, and I hope not to loose momentum by changing things up a bit. I definitely need to add more fresh fruits and veggies...and loose some of the bread! I did resist temptation tonight. My husband decided tonight as we left the grocery store that he'd like to have an ice cream...I drove him through the drive thru, ordered his ice cream (2 scoops), handed it to him, and drove him home while he ate it....never once did I want one bite! It was such a proud moment! (Confession:..I DID look longingly across the parking lot at the Wing Stop as I ordered his ice cream though!)
I hope that if you are joining me in this journey, you'll post your progress and your goals for this week. If you are just joining this week, welcome! I'm so glad your here! Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment!
Have a wonderful, healthy week!
P.S. If you would like the code for the button,..to add to your post or to your sidebar, just shoot me an email. I don't know how to put it in one of those scroll things!



9 comments:
Resisted the ice-cream...wow girl! lol
Congratulations!
Thanks for hosting- I do enjoy seeing everyone trying so hard to better themselves!
Congrats on the continued weight loss. I'm jealous that you can resist ice cream, that is one of my biggest down falls!! Thanks for hosting
Deedra,
It sounds like this has been a good week. It's funny what we can accomplish when we remember that we will be sharing our successes (and shortfalls) with others.
Kate
It sounds like you are doing great with your goals. It's great that people are noticing the changes in you. Resisting the ice cream? Very, very good. Keep up the good job.
Hey Dee! I have missed you and Carter and Lisa this week! I know we all have bad weeks and I am so blaming mine on hormones! As I say, they are the Devil! Anyway, thanks for the pep talk and I plan on seeing you Sunday and next week! I have 2 snot nosed babies now that don't feel up to par, but maybe we will be better before the busy part of the weekend. Also, Way to Go! on your success this week! I am very proud and excited for you. I know how much it means to feel good about yourself! Have a great Friday!
When you started this I told you to count me in and I still want to !(that is if you will have me) I am the QUEEN of excuses....but they are not getting me anywhere. I have only managed to exercise (walking 4 days) this week while eating the house out! We go on vacation next week so I won't promise to eat healthy but I do promise to walk on that beach!!
Yeah to You!! for all your accomplishments.....that is really great! Keep it up and I do promise to get serious! (hold me to it)
K Tilley
Deedra
You are such an inspiration to me, thank you for the encouragement.
God bless you.
Ella
Congratulations!! You are doing AWESOME!! (You have NO idea how much I need the inspiration!!) Keep up the good work, girlfriend!!
P.S.
I would love your help over at my blog. Come on over and check out "Blogging 101".
Post a Comment