Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday.....


This week, as always, I have much to be thankful for!

I am thankful for my healthy family. I am also thankful for this new addition to our family. Any woman who has ever been pregnant knows you love that baby as soon as you know it's there.

I am thankful for the prayers going up for us. My niece Rachel, who was one of the first people I told I was pregnant,(because I knew she would be one of the most excited!) has requested prayer for us in children's church several times now. When I told Rachel, she said," Don't you have two baby boys in heaven already?" I told her that I didn't know whether or not they were boys, but I'd always kinda felt like they were. And she said. "I hope this baby doesn't die too"...From her mouth to God's ears! I am thankful for Rachel and her prayers, and all of my other nieces (2) and nephews (8).

I am thankful for my sister, Crystal, who came and stayed with Carter while I went to the dr yesterday. I did a bit of shopping as well and enjoyed myself immensely! The ladies at the doctors office also enjoyed not having to clean up after Rambo after we left!

I am thankful that Carter tolerates riding in a stroller long enough for me to get in a decent walk. I am also thankful for the city employees who are constantly in the park using some sort of large equipment,( ex. tractors, lawn mowers, back hoes) It keeps his attention for the extra mile! Whoever invented the term "sanity break" knew what they were talking about!

I am thankful for the new Casting Crowns cd. It is wonderful! My favorite so far is "The Altar & The Door" which happens to be the title of the CD. The message is so true! How often are our good intentions lost somewhere between the altar and the door? Plus! It has a really contagious beat. If I turn it up reeeally loud, I totally sound like part of the band! I can't wait to see them live on Oct 27......I also can't wait to see TobyMac on Oct 5.....My birthday is in October,....I'll be celebrating all month as you can see!

I am thankful that my friend Jenny has committed to meeting me in the park to walk at 7:30 this morning. Now, if she doesn't come, and isn't sick, or her kids aren't sick. She'll have to feel guilty! :))

If you would like to read more Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting My Heart!

16 comments:

Andie said...

Great list Deedra...I'm thankful your little one is staying put and making you sick! It's a good thing@ :-)
I don't know if I'll get to post on F4L tomorrow...I'm going to visit my parents and don't know if I'll have computer access. Life has been very stressful this week, so I haven't done well. Walking hasn't happened, and eating has happened way too much. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track, soon.
Blessings-Andie

Sharon Brumfield said...

Know what you mean about the Casting Crowns CD--it's great.
Seems like there are many this morning who have purchased it.Maybe they should pay us for the little extra pr.
Congrats on the pregnancy.
Hope you enjoyed your walk this morning.

Kim said...

Fantastic list. Have a wonderful day.

Lori said...

Great job on walking. Aren't construction vehicles the best for little boys =))

Loved reading your list as always.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

You totally have to sit by me at the concert...we can lipsync together while our husbands hang their heads and roll their eyes....LOL


Lisa

Denise said...

Bless you dear one.

In Light of the Truth... said...

What a great list of blessings! Have a wonderful week!

I also see that you're expecting! Congratulations; I'll add you to my prayer list. I'm pregnant too, at 15 weeks! Pray that everything goes smoothly for you this time around!

Susanne said...

Does everyone have the new Casting Crowns CD but me??? I gotta take a trip to the Lifeway RIGHT NOW!!! I am so excited about your new addition, and continue to keep you in my prayers, dear one. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Deedra,

Indeed from a child's lips to God's ears. Praying along with you.

Heart of the Holidays said...

Your list is richly blessed.
Thank you for sharing.
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=78

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I stopped by and this was such a sweet post. It's midnight here. Sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I stopped by and this was such a sweet post. It's midnight here. Sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

I dont know if I have ever seen Rachel have something on her mind and heart so strongly. She talks about her baby cousins all the time, and like you said, she even talks about the ones in Heaven.Children comprehend more than we think they do sometimes. We are praying for you all.

Mary said...

You are about the 4th or 5th person to mention the new Casting Crowns cd. And each one has a different favorite song. I'm anxious to get it. Thanks for sharing. Have an awesome weekend.

eph2810 said...

Oh, Deedra, I haven't been here in such a long while that I totally missed that you are pregnant. Congratulations :) - I am so happy for you. I will be adding you and your family to my prayer list.

The Casting Crown CD just so rocks. Kinda funny that you, Lisa and I mentioned the CD in our posts - and we all like different songs :) How cool.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Shelly said...

This is precious! :) Hope that early walk was fun with your girlfriend. Aren't those just the best?

Jam on out to Casting Crowns...gotta love it :)