Happy Friday everyone! And can I just say, that around here, it really IS a happy Friday, because the high school football season gets started off tonight with a pre season Jamboree! The "official" season begins next Friday night, but tonight will be a great preview of several area teams! Our nephew, Brett, who is in the 11th grade, starts at wide receiver. I actually had one of my first "hormonal" moments yesterday when Brett drove up my driveway.....by himself! It's the first time I've actually seen him in a car,....alone! It was a big moment for me (I think he thought I was nuts, you know, with the tears and all!), and you better believe he got the "be careful, wear your seatbelt" speech before he left! He has also gotten that particular speech in his Birthday card, and basically every time I've seen him over the past year. So I'm sure he's over it by now,.....too bad! Are you still there? Waiting for the Fit4Life part to start already? Sorry, I kind of went off in Left field or should I say the "football" field, there for a minute!
Ahem,....okay, Fit4Life Friday! This week I have walked every day except Monday, which is a feat considering we have broken some sort of heat record pretty much everyday! I had to stop alot, and one morning I basically started walking at daylight (to avoid the heat) but I got it done! I have been trying to be really careful with my diet. Lots of fruit and fresh veggies! Which isn't hard, since meat kind of grosses me out at the moment. And I think I've drank enough water to sink the Titanic, since now I feel guilty when I drink caffeine or aspartame (which is in EVERYTHING, even my beloved Crystal Light!) Grrr!
The morning sickness is in full swing these days, Sunday night and Monday were the worst so far, then basically just when I get too hot, and for some reason about 3 AM this morning. I'm not complaining, my doctor has told me before that sick is a good sign, so I'm rejoicing with each bout of it! It's not bad, no vomiting, just nausea and dizziness so far. Anyway, I say all of that to say this,...I actually lost a little weight this week. 3 pounds.
My goals for next week are:
Continue with healthy diet and exercise.
Continue my quiet time with God.
Last Sunday our preacher really had a message that was for me. Instead of asking for something every time we pray, how often do we just say "God you are awesome, you are sovereign, fill me with your holy spirit" and just worship Him in prayer? For me, not so often lately. I have spent much more time worshiping God through my prayer and have felt incredibly blessed by that this week!
I hope everyone has had a great week! I can't wait to stop by and read your progress!
Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you (THIS IS SOOOO IMPORTANT!!)...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment! Have a wonderful, healthy week!
...for all of you who haven't been participating....it's never too late to start! Why not post some goals and join us next week? We can always better ourselves in some way,....why not do it with some girlfriends who can cheer you on along the way??



7 comments:
As always, thanks for hosting and being our accountability. Hope you have a good week and hope the morning sickness subsides soon (sounds like a great excuse to stay inside with the A/C!!!!)
Deedra, what a great point about praising God in prayers, not just giving Him OUR to-do list. Thanks for the reminder.
I have a request...I have a cousin who is struggling with her faith...could you please pray for her. She has asked me some pretty tough quiestions, and I need to get back to her...pray that God gives me the words to encourage her. She reads my blog, so please don't comment back on my blog...thanks for understanding.
Blessings-Andie
I think I ran across this site from Mandy - but wherever I found it, I'm glad I did! I just signed up for a fitness walking & jogging class in preparation for in vitro next spring. I'm glad to find a group to help keep myself motivated! Thanks!
Hope the pregnancy isn't taking up too much of your energy. Hope you have a great next week.
God Bless
I totally understand. I have a 15 (almost 16 year old) who is just getting his permit and I cry every time I think about it.
And, I'm not even pregnant.
Have a great weekend!
Julie
stopping by to see how you are! So excited about the upcoming baby!!!
Have a great weekend!
Tracey
Way to keep going with this! Accountability is a great thing!
Post a Comment