Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's So Hot......

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

You can make sun tea instantly.

You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

The temperature drops below 95 F (35 C) and you feel a little chilly.

You discover that in August it only takes 2 fingers to steer your
car.

You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out
and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one
out and add butter ????????

The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from
laying boiled eggs.

*STAY COOL!*

12 comments:

Dianne said...

Cute post!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

K TILLEY

Anonymous said...

Lisa and I needed a blanket at the ballgame Friday night.

Anonymous said...

too funny!

Andie said...

Oh, you are SOOO right!! I totally agree with everything! I hope it cools off for you soon...it's supposed to be 97 for today and tomorrow, but Wednesday's high is only 78!!!! With rain...of course it's on the day we were planning on having the youth group over for a back-to-school bbq...but I'll take the cooler temps and rain anyday! So I have to do the burgers on the george forman...I can deal with that!

Please check my blog, my father needs prayer!

Blessings-Andie

Jess said...

That is AWESOME!! I am right there with ya! Great post.

Tonja said...

Down here in South Alabama, I read you loud and clear. Our children at school can't even go outside for recess due to the weather advisory.

It's too hot!

Cute post!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!
glad i'm not in the south these days.....
74 degrees near Boston.
:)
thinkin' of all y'all sweatin' down there.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Funny! Maybe I should try that crushed ice trick...I wonder about those eggs sometimes! :)

Mindy said...

Girl, I was there this past weekend -- in Chattanooga at an OUTDOOR (yes I said outdoor) wedding at 3 (yes 3PM).
I cannot tell you how hot it was out there. But my shirt could -- it was wet!
UGGHHH!!!
Thanks for the humor!
In HIM -
Mindy

Ella said...

That was so funny, I loved reading your post.

Enjoy the rest of your week, hope it cools down a bit.

God Bless

tammi said...

If I could, I'd trade you some of that weather in a heartbeat. Our August has actually been a little on the cool side -- what say we trade every coupla days? Are you in?

I really enjoy your blog.

ValleyGirl