Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fourteen Months....

Dear Carter,

A few days ago you turned 14 months old. I can't believe you've been with us for 14 months already, though I can hardly remember my life without you. Just a few days ago you did something so adorable, I don't even remember what it was now, but it was adorable, and I thanked God right then for allowing me to spend every day at home with you. I can't imagine being away from you for 10 or so hours every day.

You have gone from walking to running in what seems like no time at all. You have mastered climbing up on the couch and ottoman then climbing down again, only to repeat the process as many times as you wish. You are also quite the little dancer. Anytime music comes on your little feet move to the music. When you hear "You Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, you really "get down". Mom has taught you some really cool arm motions for this one, and let me tell you, Daddy is so proud. Anytime we are driving down the road and you and Mommy break out into our dance, I don't even have to look at your Daddy to know he is rolling his eyes. He just doesn't quite get Mommy's taste in music.


You love your tractors more than most anything. It doesn't matter if it's big or small. Green or red. Any tractor will do. As we ride in the car you notice and point out any tractor you might see as we pass by, not to mention any cow, dog or horse. This reminds me of your big cousin Matthew. He used to do the very same thing when he was about your age.


You have also developed your own form of protest. If you hear something you don't like or that's too loud, you just cover your ears. For some reason you have also started covering your ears instead of your eyes when you play peek-a-boo. You love anything that has to do with water. I let you play with the water hose the other day while I worked outside and you had yourself such a good time! You even washed Maw Maw's car for her! You have already kissed at least 3 girls that I know of! You are going to be quite the ladies man I can already tell. I'm going to have to stock up on the hair color,...you know, the kind that really covers up those grays!


You bring such joy and happiness to our lives every single day. I look so forward to watching you learn and grow. Daddy and I love you so much Carter!

Love,
Mommy


Give Dad a big kiss!


6 comments:

Rita Loca said...

so cute!

Dianne said...

That's a sweet post and he's SUCH a doll!

Full of Grace said...

Sweet Letter to a Sweet Boy, and a cute one at that :)

Mindy said...

SO sweet this is!
And what a cutie he is!

Anonymous said...

Not only am I crying right now because of this letter and how blessed we all are to have Carter in our lives but also because I thought of my Matthew before I even got to the part where you mentioned him. You dont know where 14 months has gone, I dont know where 9 years has gone. Also I realized after Matthew got to spend the day helping his Uncle Kyle, he still loves tractors as much or more than he ever has. That was the first time he got to drive one and a day he will never forget. THANK YOU UNCLE KYLE!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have been told "they grow up fast". Well....just wait until you see that precious little boy drive off on a John Deere; ALONE ! I belive KP was 15-16 when my "baby" came along..... hmmm .. guess that makes him about 31 now ? JW has his permit now and boots me out of the drivers seat ever chance he gets. 15, 12 and 10..... yep, they GROW UP FAST !