Well, needless to say my life took an interesting and exciting turn this week! A very unexpected turn! For those of you who haven't read my Shock & Awe post, we discovered this week that I am pregnant! So, as you can imagine my Fit4Life focus has shifted a bit. Rather than trying to loose weight, in the beginning of my pregnancy, I will be trying to just maintain. Then as I move into my second and third trimesters(hopefully! By the grace of God!) I will try to gain only a moderate amount of weight and not the 58 pounds I gained during my last pregnancy! I also want to keep up my exercise and remain active throughout, and hopefully that will make for an easy recovery period.
My main focus will need to be healthy eating habits. Lots of fruits and veggies, and just an overall well-balanced diet.
I will also be really focusing on my quiet time. I so need to spend as much time with God as possible. When I first discovered that I was pregnant, a very familiar fear took hold of me again. I have had two miscarriages in the early months and weeks of pregnancy, and I when I was pregnant with Carter, I basically lived visit to visit. I would not let myself be excited because I was so afraid of what I just knew would happen. It didn't. He was perfect. But that fear is very real and very much present again. I know that God is in control, and that He knows the future. But I also know how hard it is to deal with that loss. And I am afraid.
As for my doctor visit yesterday. I got a good report. He did a sonogram, but since it is so early 5-6 weeks, there wasn't much to see. He said what he can see looks good so far, but that he will feel much better when he can see and hear a heartbeat. (Me too!) Hopefully in a couple of weeks! He started me on progesterone shots, which I took with Carter, and will be doing some bloodwork, (I should have those results this afternoon) and told me to come back in two weeks.
Please pray.
I hope everyone has had a great week this week! I can't wait to see how you did and read about your progress!
Please remember to visit each other and offer encouragement and tips that work for you...and of course, don't forget to sign the linky and leave a comment! Have a wonderful, healthy week!
...for all of you who haven't been participating....it's never too late to start! Why not post some goals and join us next week? We can always better ourselves in some way,....why not do it with some girlfriends who can cheer you on along the way??



13 comments:
I've been browsing your blog for about a week now and I'm really enjoying it. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm very familiar with how scary those first 12 weeks are, so I'm keeping you in my prayers. Thank you for inspiring me to make my quiet time more REAL.
I was so glad to see you yesterday when you came to the pharmacy! I only wished you could get your meds here instead of chattanooga!!! Anyways I was sooooo glad to hear that everything was good! I believe that God In in complete control and that you will be fine!!!! This is my prayer for you!!! Love you bunches and praying that you have a very easy pregnancy!!
Melissa
Congratulations again! I'm glad to hear that the appointment went well and you got a good report. I'll continue to pray that everything goes as planned. I'm excited that you're going to continue Fit4Life Fridays!!!
I'll be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy- what exciting news!!
CONGGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you. I understand your fear, and will pray for you. I will be back soon with my link to my F4L post. I'm so excited for you!!!! :-)
Blessings-Andie
Oh Deedra, I am so happy for you. I will definitely be sending up prayers for you to have a healthy and happy nine months.
How very exciting!!!!
Congratulations on the news of your pregnancy. Just said a prayer that God will bless you, the baby and your family during this exciting time! Leanne
Glad to hear you got a good report yesterday. I saw Dr. H. this morning and he released me until next March. There was really no need in me going today....we could have just talked on the phone but he is so stinking cute and soooooo sweet it was worth the $20 co-pay and the ride to Chattanooga.
If you ever need anybody to ride with ya to town, I am off on Fridays and I would gladly go and watch C. for you while you see the Dr.
Keep up the good work with continuing to walk and eating those veggies......I'm trying!
Praying and trusting!
Eat well, get gentle exercise, take care of yourself!!!! And don't worry. Easier said than done, I know, but God knows what He's doing, all the time!
I'll be offline from Monday until ???? We'll get connected to the internet again asap, but asap in Spain doesn't mean the same thing as it does in the States! :-)
Until ????....but I'll be back for sure!
Congratulations girlie and of course I'll pray that things go well!
I'm so glad your going to continue Fit4life!
Hugs, Trina
Now is the time to take good care of YOU! Pamper yourself....and enjoy!
This is such exciting news, congratulations. Just relax and leave everything in Gods capable hands, He is always in control.
God Bless.
Post a Comment