We are on our way to the hospital where they have called the family in for Grandpa S. Please pray that he won't have to suffer, and pray for his family. We have had a few days to get somewhat ready for this time, but it won't be easy now that it looks like the time has come to say good-byes.
He is alert today and knows everyone which is a blessing! We are taking the kids to see him, in hopes that he will be able to talk to them. He always perks up when he sees them, and hasn't been alert at all any of the times we have been there over the past week.
Update:11:10PM Thursday. Just returned home from the hospital. Grandpa is starting to having 25-30 second periods where he isn't breathing every couple of minutes. He doesn't seem to be in any pain though. He wasn't alert at all while we were there, but Carter kept going up to the bed and just watching him. Once whispering, "I love you Grandpa". We talked on the way home about how Grandpa would probably be going to heaven soon to be with Jesus. He just nodded and said, "Like Jill did". He still remembers her singing to him before she got so sick, and he remembers going to visit her in the hospital. I said, "Yes, baby. Like Jill did." He said, "Maw Maw sad."
Wise beyond his years.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


10 comments:
I'm sorry to read this Deedra. Goodbyes are never easy, no matter if you've had time to think you will be or not. Know that I care and will pray for your family. Keep us posted.
What a sweet boy! We don't give these little ones enough credit, do we?
With love and sympathy....
What a sweet boy! We don't give these little ones enough credit, do we?
With love and sympathy....
Deedra...I don't know how that happened! Sorry!
He is so sweet. He was very good with me in the nursery. What a good boy you have. Enjoyed my time spent with him. Thanks!
saying a prayer.
So sorry ya'll are goin through this. Sweet little Carter, we forget how sensitive kids intuition can be in times of greif. We love you and your family and we are keeping you in our prayers!
Praying for you all!
Waiting is so difficult. Or at least it was for me. I will be praying for you all!
in HIM -
Mindy
Praying, Sweet Deedra... prayin' for all of you.
so sorry to hear about him. I will be praying for you all. love you!
Post a Comment