Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...

...to me! What could possibly be better than a fancy smancy dinner out with my sweetheart this Valentine's day? Let me tell you what! Getting a call just before I was about to cook our own fancy smancy dinner (HAHA!) from my stepmom inviting us to their house for some good home cooking from THE best cook in the whole entire world......that's what! To a very pregnant southern girl, it just doesn't get any better than good home cookin'!

To make things better, I got to sneak a visit with my nephews Landon and Max on a weeknight! A rare thing! To make things EVEN better, the reason Max and his dad were here tonight was that his dad has a job interview just down the road from here and how fabulous would it be if he got it and they moved back home?!?!?!?!?!?!?! IT WOULD BE VERY FABULOUS! (they currently live about 2 hours from here)

So, if you could, please say a little prayer that Heath's interview goes amazingly well tomorrow, and they offer him a fabulous package that he simply can not refuse! (Not that he needs help mind you, he is definitely the brains of the family!...but every little prayer helps, right?)

The excitement of this possibility totally over rides the memory of a reeeeally bad day out with my formerly sweet baby turned maniac rambo toddler. Seriously, I won't go into much detail only that it involved a buggy in Walmart, flying boots at the grocery store, followed by locking my keys in the car (for the first time in my whole entire life), and that maniac rambo toddler running the isles of the drugstore while I made the call to Onstar since my cell phone was inside the car with the keys. (Thank you Christina, for wrangling him for me!)

I have two words for you............Onstar Rocks!!

Hope you guys had a great V'day! Mine ended on a good note. My little guy is worn out from playing with his cousins, my big guy has been sawing logs for at least an hour, and I'm off to join them in sweet slumber! Good night to you!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a great day. I love me some home cookin too.

Full of Grace said...

Glad you had a great Valentine's Day with a wonderful meal to boot :)

Carrie said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's after all!
I need to look into getting Onstar....seeing that locking and losing keys are my speciality!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Yet one more reason I love our town. We can leave our children in any local establishment knowing they'll be perfectly well taken care of til we can get our act together! :))

Glad it all worked out for ya!!

Lisa

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Yet one more reason I love our town. We can leave our children in any local establishment knowing they'll be perfectly well taken care of til we can get our act together! :))

Glad it all worked out for ya!!

Lisa

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Yet one more reason I love our town. We can leave our children in any local establishment knowing they'll be perfectly well taken care of til we can get our act together! :))

Glad it all worked out for ya!!

Lisa

Brooke said...

I can SOOOO hear you on one of those Onstar commericials! HA

I hope your uncomfortableness gets a little more bearable!!!!