Monday, February 25, 2008

Won't be long now!

This morning I had a startling realization.

I am about to have a baby!

Seriously!

During the pregnancy with Carter, it seemed to take forever! I always had ultrasound pics on hand just in case anyone wanted to see what our precious baby looked like. (Most didn't but were polite!) It seemed like the longest 38 weeks of my entire life.

Then when he was 14 months old, I found out I was pregnant again. We waited and wanted for so long to become pregnant with Carter, neither of us dared to hope that we'd be blessed with more than one!

But she'll be here really soon!

The first thing my dr said to me this morning was ..." well, you're about ready to have this baby." .......my thought was, ..."I am?" I am 33 weeks, that means 7 weeks to go, unless she's early like Carter was, then about 5 weeks.

I said, "yeah, only 7 more weeks to go." He laughed....

...kinda loud.

Then he said, You won't go 7 more weeks, and you'll be lucky to go 5. Then he proceeded to talk about a big baby and from his tone, I'll have to admit I was thinking "big baby"...like 10 or 11 pounds....or more. So I asked him,.....how big do you mean when you say "big baby"? He said, "How big was Carter?"

8 lbs 2 oz.

"About that big"

I wanted to smack him. Carter wasn't THAT big. He was just right. Big enough not to worry so much about breaking him! He had me convinced I should just return all the newborn clothing we have and buy 6 months and up. 8 pounds I can handle! I must admit, I was getting a bit nervous about giving birth to a kindergartner! (My FIL was 12 pounds!!!)

Anyway, my BP is slowly climbing and swelling starting, so unless something changes, he's planning on somewhere between April 3 and 10. Probably closer to the 3rd. (Sorry church ladies retreat people!) She will not be, as my husband and father had hoped, born on their birthday, April 12. I should have a better idea after my next appt.

Still no name.

Last night Kyle suggested we name her Judy. (not that there is anything wrong with that name, but you don't hear that alot these days...plus he already has an aunt named Judy...need I say more?)

I'm about to have to play the "I carried her for 9 months and will nurse her for who knows how long (Carter 10 months) and I'm gonna name her whatever I want to" card.

I'm just sayin'....

8 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting! I'm a little envious of you. I loved being pregnant and giving birth. I'm still a little sad that part of my life is most likely over.

Enjoy! I can't wait to find out her name.

julie

A Stone Gatherer said...

The count down has begun! Looking forward to hearing about her arrival! My first born was 10lb 1 oz. He came out looking like budda! All roley poley! My 2nd was a nice 8lbs. With Jeremiah I couldn't even use the cute little diapers with the cut out notch for the belly button!

Full of Grace said...

It's amazing that in little more than a month you will have a beautiful baby daughter in your arms! I too cannot wait to hear your name choice, and hey, play that card :) Let him pick the middle name but you pick the first! Speaking of which, please email me your address. My email is godscanvasatyahoodotcom, I wanted to send you a card and sort of need an address to do so :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be forward here, but I'm currently in love with the name Ella or Ellie.... I'm just throwing that out there. And considering the fact that it will be YEARS before I may have the blessing of having my own, I thought I would let you borrow that one if need be! I can't wait to come home again and there be another new baby in the church! So excited for you guys, besides, there aren't enough girls in your family!!!!!!! (just like mine!)

Dianne said...

You are hilarious! I would be playin' that card too...how funny! :-)

I LOVED seeing your picture the other night on the comment you left on my blog! I had wondered what you looked like but hadn't seen any pictures of you on YOUR blog, so I didn't know...I LOVE finally having a face to go with your name and fun personality. Thanks for adding it!

Mindy said...

How exciting!
I have to say, though, that since my third daugther was 8 lbs and 7 oz - and a whole pound bigger than my middle daugther--- I am having lots of anxiety already about having a 9 lb baby this time.
At 5'1" on a good day and weighing in at not much over 100 on average.....I'm just not sure my body can take it. 12 lbs?!!? I couldn't do it.
I hope you and the baby both continue to be strong and healthy!
Blessings!
in HIM -
Mindy

Rita Loca said...

So soon! My largest was 9 and 1/2 lbs. She was also my fastest delivery! I actually had her alone, she came so fast even the doctor did not make it.

Tonja said...

How exciting! I never had the advantage of knowing what we were going to have...so, that was always nerve wracking not knowing!

It is tme to decide on a name, though...just throw yur favorites in a hat and pick one! A good tip on the naming game...image how the name will sound when she is 40 or 50. If it still fits, it's a good one!

May God continue to bless you, and take good care of yourself!