Dear Carter,
Today you turn 20 months old. This number alone makes your Mama very nervous since we are getting close to "2 years" and that sounds so "grown up". You are learning so much so fast these days. You can say anything you want to, and like your Mama, rarely shut up. (Poor Daddy!) My favorite thing for you to say is "Love you, Mama". That one melts my very core and as you are beginning to figure out, can get you out of most trouble you get into.
Another favorite is "thank you, mama". I have to say when you wake me up every single morning yelling in your best and loudest Paw Paw voice, "CUP...CUP....CUUUUUPPPP" I probably wouldn't be nearly as fast to roll myself out of bed to go get your stinkin cup were it not for the sweetest "thank you, mama" I know will greet me when I return with your precious cup.
So often people ask me if you smile all the time, to which I am so happy that I can answer....Yes!! He does! You are such a people person. You rarely meet a stranger. You're happiest when you can go to Walmart or the grocery store and ride in your beloved buggy and greet every single person you meet with a wave, a smile, and a Hi!
Each morning when you get up you head out in search of your precious boots. You have two pair that you dearly love and usually alternate which pair you put on each day, but on those days that you love each pair equally and that decision just can't be made you just put on one from each pair, and usually, you put them on the right feet! Each night before bed after we take them off for the last night, you tell them "Bye Boots" longingly and nod off to sleep dreaming of waking to wear them again tomorrow.
One of your favorite recent events is from last week when you threw up for the first time in your life. You got a little choked on an apple slice and after several minutes of whining and crying you finally threw it up. When daddy came into the room where we were both covered in it and said, "Carter, did you puke?" You lit up like a Christmas tree and said. "I puke!!" Then you said it about a million more times that night, and woke up the next morning and went right to the spot, pointed and said, "mama, I puke!" You thought that was just the coolest thing ever! The only thing better to you is when someone else pukes and you now know what to call it. When we picked you up from Papa & Gran's Wednesday night, you met us at the door to tell us, "Papa Puke!" I'm sure Papa wasn't nearly as excited and fascinated by it as you were. You are definitly all boy. The more gross something is, the better you like it.
I can't wait to see you become a big brother. You love babies. There is nothing you love better than to show off all your new "tricks" to cousin Landon or cousin Maggie. It cracks you up to watch them laugh and "talk" to you.
You are at such a fun age. Every day brings new words, new accomplishments, new wonders for you to explore. I am so blessed to be your mom. I love you, Carter.
Love,
Mama
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


11 comments:
Ah, I remember those days! Starting to figure things out, and having a ball! He'll be a great big brother!
What a way to put into words what you want your son to remember. The pictures a so good. Children grow up so fast.
Lovw and Hugs,
Joyce
He is just the cutest thing ever!! Welcome to the world of boys....next thing you know he will catch on to the passing gass thing, burping, etc. Lovely:) The louder and smellier the better!!
Enjoy!!
Carrie
Hehe! He is darling in those big boots! I love it
He does have a great smile. What a cutie! :)
Just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed having Carter yesterday. I had stayed home because of not feeling well, but he was just what I needed to feel better.
Your right, he is a people person. He talked to everyone at the bank, beauty shop, and was the cutest when we were at cabbage bowl. He got his bag and put it on his shoulder and started toward the door, stopping at every table to smile, wave, and say bye.
I can't believe he is already 20 months old and baby sister will be here in less than 3 months.
Tammy
I am looking forward to memories like that with our little man. It melts me to think about it.
The pictures are great. I hope you are keeping a journal about him. It is fun to go back years later and read it back to him. I remember my Rossy turning two. I loved it. I miss it. Thanks for a great tribute to Carter. He is so cute.
What a lovely letter!
A beautiful boy and a special blessing...puke and all! :)
Besides my grandson I think this is the cutest kid alive and I love the fact that he does always smile. He's a delight
Post a Comment