....I needed MORE pressure!! This article jumped out at me from the CNN homepage first thing this morning. January 3, 2008. What a way to start off the new year!!
I have looked through 2 baby name books. One has 50,001 names the other has 100,001, and I have a list of 10. TEN! None of which my husband agrees to. I feel a serious hormonal breakdown coming on. Really! If he spouts off one more hideous name while trying to be funny, he WILL get hurt!
Also, you know on that movie, Mean Girls, where the really mean "queen bee" finds out she's been eating weight gain bars instead of weight loss bars? Remember that awful scream she let out in that movie?....Remember? It lasted about 5 minutes. Well, I seriously almost did that tonight. The scream, I mean. I won't elaborate other than to tell you the situation involved my mother in law and my raging hormones. Please say a prayer. It's not over yet.
I have looked through 2 baby name books. One has 50,001 names the other has 100,001, and I have a list of 10. TEN! None of which my husband agrees to. I feel a serious hormonal breakdown coming on. Really! If he spouts off one more hideous name while trying to be funny, he WILL get hurt!
Also, you know on that movie, Mean Girls, where the really mean "queen bee" finds out she's been eating weight gain bars instead of weight loss bars? Remember that awful scream she let out in that movie?....Remember? It lasted about 5 minutes. Well, I seriously almost did that tonight. The scream, I mean. I won't elaborate other than to tell you the situation involved my mother in law and my raging hormones. Please say a prayer. It's not over yet.
Okay. I think I've vented enough. Happy New Year.



9 comments:
Don't worry, baby names can be hard-Bob and I have gone round and round about names, he likes one, I don't...I love one, he doesn't... For this is going to be your child, and as we don't know what the future holds as to how many children we will be blessed with, we want a name that is special, and will stand out for our special blessing! I hope you have clarity in choosing a name soon, and I hope your hormones slow down on their raging..just a bit :)
Oh how I remember those days. Maybe you and Kyle can try what Dwight and I did. I picked one name and he picked the other and when we found two that went well together we used those and it turned out great;as you well know. As for as the raging hormones, I think mine are still raging depending on which in law I am speaking to. Hope you decide soon and get some clarity on that issue.
Love Ya!!
Jennifer
Hey remember if it comes down to it, you get to sign the birth certificate! LOL!!!! Ok, there is no more deadly combination than hormones and in-laws!!
Reading the article reminded me of something I did...regret...and highly recomment you don't do.
Hayden was going to be named Luke to start with. We loved the name Luke but could not agree on another name to go with it. I sent out thank-you notes from my shower that stated "Thank you, this will look so cute on Luke"......Two weeks before he was born, Brian comes home as asks "How do you like the name Hayden?" So needless to say...Luke became Hayden.
I vote for whatever name you choose. Your the one who has to go through all the pain, morning sickness, sleepless nights, ect....(sorry Kyle)
It will come to you...don't worry! Something you haven't thought of will come to you and you both will LOVE it!
Happy New Year!
What in the world are we gonna do if we change our minds? Although I don't think that I will, but what if??
Visit http://the babynamewizard.ivillage.com
they have some very interesting info on baby names. Don't know if it will help you any, but it is quite interesting to know.
Good luck....hope your throat's not too sore..
Relax, it will come to you when you do not expect it. I did not name Ross until the day before we came home, the nurse says "This baby has got to have a name!" You will know when the time comes. You could come up with a name like, oh, say, "CHERYL" or something. That might sound nice. What do you think??? hmmmmmm........
It'll be okay, Deedra...My sis in law didn't name her last boy until they were about to leave the hospital. The worst part about it was not being able to have her diaper bag monogrammed! :)
Post a Comment