Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things you are dying to know about me.....right?

So, this is going around Facebook, and I've been tagged a ton of times and just now finally got around to doing it. It took me forever and since it also takes forever to tag everyone on Facebook, I'm sharing it with all of you too.

I Know! I should have totally kicked things off by telling you all just how generous I am.

But then, you already know that, right? ha!

Here goes:

1. I love to talk. (sometimes even to myself....I am great company:)

2. I hate to talk on the phone. I don't mind texting.

3. I have worked at 2 phone companies.

4. I took ballet & tap dancing lessons as a kid....(now you know where my dancer's body comes from...ha!)

5. I also took banjo & piano lessons.

6. I have an very high tolerance for pain. My OB says I'm his toughest patient ever. (2 c sections)

7. I used to run/walk 5-6 miles a day (pre children).

8. I am relying on my friends Brooke, Theia, and Shannon (who does triathalons!) to motivate me to get back into that run/walk groove. (get with it girls!)

9. I love to watch House, MD.

10. I think if I were a dr, I would probably be a lot like him (well, minus the drug habit thing). Lucky for everyone, I'm not a dr.

11. My dad taught us how to shoot a gun and a bow and arrow when we were little.

12. I can shoot a gun way better than my husband.

13. I am passionately, unapologetically Pro Life.

14. I love to take pictures. Photoshop (and most anything else to do with computers) makes my head come reeeally close to exploding!

15. I rear ended my husband once on the way home from church. He was driving Dwayne Chapman's truck home for him. It did about $6000.00 in damage to my vehicle and a couple of thousand to Dwayne's. It was super incredibly humiliating to explain the situation to the cop who took the report. "yes, both our last names are Pike. YES he is my HUSBAND. No we were not arguing, I just wasn't paying attention" so not fun.

16. I will never EVER EVER live that down. (do you know Dwayne? or Kyle?)


17. I LOVE fast pitch softball and very much wish it had went to the college level back in my high school days.


18. I love to people watch. If you see me at a ball game, I probably have no idea what is going on....at least on the field. (unless my niece or nephews are playing of course!).

19. I love to watch the mall walkers. You can always pick them out by their shoes. NOBODY else wears stark white Puma's and a visor to the mall.

20. I love God, my husband and my children more than anything.

21. I would love to have more children. (I don't know when or if.....don't ask. lol....no really, don't ask!)

22. I have 2 babies in heaven.

23. I don't bleed when I get shots or IV's. I took fertility drugs/shot for years, most people think giving myself shots and getting blood drawn so often for so long is the reason for that little phenomenon.

24. The 2 babies I have in heaven were conceived while on fertility drugs. The 2 babies I have now were conceived only AFTER we had given up on having children of our own. No drugs (except for progesterone shots after I found out I was pregnant...as a precaution!). Just God.

25. I believe in miracles. (see #'s 20-24)

Tag! You're it!

6 comments:

TheiaT said...

Deedra,
Regarding #8...please clarify that surely it must be shannon who does triathalons...I had to look back on your post just to spell the word!!!...maybe someday!!!

Regarding your question on the comment you left on my post, I found out about the Trobbing Heart 5K at the race I did on Thanksgiving. You can register the day of the race at Goosepond if you are interested!

Cute post? How did the banjo lessons work out for you?

Unknown said...

Hi Deedra--
Just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for the friendship and honesty awards. Please check out my site to find out what you need to do.
Have a great day!
Lori
www.lifeloveandlaughterinalargefamily.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Enjoyed reading this. YOu know I HATE talking on the phone also, in fact I never answer unless I am expecting someone to call or it is hubby. My in-laws find me rather annoying when I do that, hehe.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great list Deedra!

Susanne said...

GREAT IDEA! I've been tagged w/ this one on FB a bunch, too. I am about to steal a page from your book, and blog it, too!! You're so smart. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!! ;-)

P.S. Other than "smartness" we have a lot in common. I should just copy/paste your list while I'm at it. Just kidding!

Have a great day, Siesta!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Great list. I don't know Dwayne or Kyle, but I can imagine you get teased about that incident. Pretty funny. Your children certainly sound like miracles. I hopped over here from a mutual friend, but now I can't remember who! Nice blog!