......Hey now! (if you are not a TobyMac fan, (GASP) that's the beginning line to one of his songs.)
As promised here are a few of the pics I took at the Toby Mac concert Friday night. I have no idea how many Christian concerts I have been to in my adult life, but it's a lot. I've seen Third Day (more times than I can count), Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, The Crabb Family, Gold City, and many more. But I can honestly say Toby Mac puts on the best concert of any of these....by far!!! He gets better and better every single time I see him! You stand up the entire time, and unless you are pregnant, you pretty much jump up and down and dance the whole time. (yes, this includes my tractor driving, farm boy husband! Imagine those moves!) You literally don't know what to expect next!
We sat in the 5th row on the right side of the stage. Well, we didn't sit, but that's where we stood. There were probably (literally) 200 people standing in the space between row 1 and the stage! It was great!! We were so close that in one of the pics I took, you'll notice Toby has "red eyes"! That is pretty stinkin' close! I could feel my guts jarring with the beat! It was SOOO loud, but once you got used to it (or, I should say, lost a bit of your hearing..) it was great!
Barlow Girl and Thousand Foot Crutch were also there. TFC was pretty good. Barlow Girl was also great! There are 3 of them, all pretty young ( I have no idea how old, I'm guessing late teens/early 20's) anyway, they played their own instruments and sang at the same time. The drummer was awesome. She was all "Slash like" with the head banging and hair flying and singing the whole time! Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance! The whole concert in general was fantastic! My hormones actually got the best of me at one point. I saw all of these young people, who could have been anywhere, here at a CHRISTIAN concert. Dancing, singing, worshiping.....it was awesome! Very moving!
Sadly, I did not run into Toby in the lobby during this concert. Don't think I didn't take a "bathroom break" to scan the place during Barlow Girl either, but no luck!....Sorry you missed me Toby. I'll meet you in the hallway during your next concert in this area......my husband promises to let me finish our conversation next time!!
p.s....I tried to upload a video (or 20) but the file was too big for blogger :(. Lisa, I'll bring my camera to church tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.


5 comments:
I think he is looking right at you in the first picture...perhaps saying, "Deedra, where is Lisa?"
I'm still grieving over missing this one...:(
Lisa
That is pretty darn cool! My friend Gina and I used to go to AtlantaFest every year and see loads of people and have a GREAT time. I still love me a good concert! Thanks for posting the pics...I'm glad you had fun.
I'm glad you had so much fun! I have seen him in concert before but I didn't enjoy it as much. Sorry, just not a real fan of that genre. I do, however, love third day and I have seen them in concert quite a few times too. My favorite Christian concert probably was Caedmon's Call, mostly because I knew all their songs and just love their style.
My favorite non-Christian concert was probably U2...because, well gosh, they are U2 for goodness sake! :)
Take care,
Amy
I'm glad you had a good time!!! He is so fun!! We have got to take him shopping though! If you look at the pics I took of him last week at Big Spring Jam you will notice he has on the same outfit! I would still have loved to see a rerun of it!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Sounds like a BLAST!!! Oh, how I love concerts! :) We went to see STOMP last night and had an awesome time! :)
Post a Comment