Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sixteen Months.....

Dear Carter,



Yesterday you turned 16 months old. You spent the day just as I believe you would have if you could speak your mind and pick how you spend every day!....On and around the tractors! You and Mama drove the accumulator while Daddy baled hay and every time we passed him in the field you waved like it was the first time you'd saw him all day! I think Daddy might have even enjoyed this for the first few hundred bales.


You have started saying so many new words. My favorite to hear you say is Donkey. You have a new found love for donkeys after seeing them up close at the fair last week. You also love to now grab my hand and say 'mon,...as in C'mon. It's adorable for at least the first 25 times you do it each morning. You have this little pair of mud boots and you refuse to take them off. You even insisted on wearing them to church on Wednesday night.....thankfully, that night is casual!


You let me know when you are ready for a nap or to go to bed for the evening. You grab my hand and say, "mon nite nite....and usually you go right to sleep.
We have started paying more attention to babies and making sure to point them out to you in hopes that you will accept this new arrival when it gets here. You love babies! We saw Landon yesterday and he was really interested in your shoes which tickled you, since you love your shoes too! He also let you give him "sugar" about a hundred times which was very patient of him! You are still learning that you have to share your toys. You don't really like it, but you are working on getting better at that....slowly!

You finally got the hang of the battery operated tractor at Papa & Gran's house. I think they were as excited about that as you were! I'm sure they were getting pretty tired of pushing you on it....You also have the hang of whacking Daddy with the wooden spoon. Mama used to let you play with them during the day, but after you whacked her a few times she decided that maybe those would be best left put up until just before Daddy comes home. She doesn't like to be whacked but she sure does get a kick out of you telling Daddy "No no, Daddy"...WHACK!

I can't wait to see what you do next! I love being your Mom!
Love,
Mama

Peek A Boo!

I'm not sure what Kyla is telling you, but it sure is cute!

Relaxing in our "Book Chair"

4 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

So sweet...

I'm just jealous over the whole going to sleep so easily thing...our biggest issue around this joint! Ugh, no fun!!

Full of Grace said...

I tried posting a comment on Monday, but my computer had other plans. I'm so glad that all is well! I'm a worrywort by nature, so it was a relief to see your post :)
I love your letters to your little guy- they are so sweet! Your pictures are adorable too!!!

Brooke said...

I'm glad all is well, I too had worried about where you were!!! I'm sending up a prayer today and trusting God that your appointment goes well today!!!
OH, and if you have anyone back out of Friday night I'll be glad to help you out ....ya know what are friends for, right? LOL

Julie said...

He is such a cutey pie. You are one blessed mama.