Saturday, March 14, 2009

From Carter's Mouth.....

*Mom: "Don't bang on the table, Carter."
........."I'm not banging, Mom, I'm just playing music!"

* "It was an accident, Mom. I don't need to be in trouble."

* As he was laying down for bed, "I'm tired.....it's been SUCH a loooong day."

* "I'm going to call Maw Maw and tell her I want to come stay with her. She'll be so happy to see me!"

* Today in the rain and Friday afternoon town traffic he says, "Hey mom, lets back up like Mater does!" (have you seen the movie Cars?...ummm, no Carter..don't think so!)

*"Lilah fell over ALL BY HERSELF!!....and I'm not lying!"

* "I want to call Handy Manny to see if he can fix daddy's hot tub."

* While talking loudly and pointing to someone in our local very small town grocery store "MOM....IS HE A BAD GUY???? ARE THE POLICE GOING TO COME TAKE HIM TO JAIL???" (no son, but the ambulance may have to take your mother to the hospital when she collapses from sheer embarrassment!)

* While sitting on the couch with Lilah watching their "show", turns casually to his sister and says...."Lilah, kiss my a$$!"

Mom: "Carter! What did you say?? Where in the world did you hear that?"

Carter: "A man at the store said it." (probably what the wrongly accused guy at the grocery store said to his pint sized accuser....I must have blacked out during that part)

*In Walmart we were on an isle with an older lady when Carter said in his usual LOUD voice, "Mom, guess what? I pooted!" I was shushing him when he noticed the lady laughing quietly....then he said, "Mom! Why is she laughing? Did she poot too?!"

*"Mom, I want a brother and another baby sister" I just kind of ignored that one....but then he said, "And, I told God!" (Gasp....)


If you have been around Carter for any length of time, you know that although he is 2 and a half, he talks as plain as I do, and isn't in the least bit shy!.....obviously!!

I just want to know.....am I on Candid Camera?


...is SuperNanny about to wheel into my driveway?





(p.s...Carter, I post these mainly so I don't forget them. I know that one day you will enjoy reading them in your baby book..........


........as will your high school prom date!)

12 comments:

K. Tilley said...

That child is too funny! My mouth has always gotten me into trouble. It just comes out before I think.......not good!

Groomer Angie said...

Oh how funny! My favorite memory of my son (now nearly 21) when he was about 3 heard Willie doing "On the Road Again" while we were in the store & started crying saying "No Mommy No, not On the Road AGAIN" he hates to be reminded of that now, & still can't stand to hear Willie Nelson :) Thanks for the laughs!

Cheryl said...

Good job, mom! Way to store up ammunition for the future. LOL

You will be so glad that you wrote these down....too funny!

Shaunta said...

I am completely cracking up! Carter is just too funny!

terri said...

I often wonder if I am on Candid Camera too. :)
Those Carter quotes are too cute - he sounds like lots of fun!!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Everyone of those is just precious!!!

Leigh Anne said...

I am falling out of my chair. What a great way to start my Monday. I just had a great, hearty, tearful laugh! Now I am relaxed! Thank you Carter.

P.S. Don't feel too bad mom, The Dessert Fairy cussed and smacked the Cake Lady at church when she had her in the nursery years ago!

Anonymous said...

I read these out to loud to Jarrod & Mom, and we all cracked up for about 5 minutes. Carter is hilarious! And you are an incredible mother too!

Judith said...

You need to start a book. The saying of....that kid is a hoot and you are an incredible Christian Mother and worker in the church. I am so glad to have you working in with the Children's Ministry Team.

Amanda said...

Ha!Ha! He's so funny!!!!

Cheryl said...

He is so cute! Cuteness and a personality to match! WOW....You better watch out Mom! Thanks for sharing. Put a smile on my face.

Lori said...

Hey I came over from Lisa's blog. Carter is too cute! I have a 2.5 year old little girl (who is an only child) who informed me today that her "brother" was going to come to her home today. I told my husband to stay away from me today!