Monday, March 30, 2009

Diego &/or Olivia....


....those are the names Carter has picked out. As soon as we told him that God had answered his prayer, the first thing he said was..."Diego & Olivia are coming?!!" Then he said, "or is it just Diego? Or just Olivia?"


In case you're wondering, Diego & Olivia are two of his favorite TV characters. Diego is an animal rescuer and Olivia is a smarty pants little pig.


I actually find myself quoting Olivia a lot.


Her mom says to her, "Olivia, you wear me out."


Olivia quickly and exasperatedly responds, "You wear me out too, mom"


lol.


Anyway, while I can pretty much say their won't be an actual Diego, it is true that Carter's prayer has been answered.


We'll see to what extent on Wednesday when I go for my first appointment with Dr H.
I'm also my normal nervous excited. Excited because I know what can happen. Nervous because I know what can happen.

Please pray. I know this is God's timing. He showed us almost 3 years ago how much better His timing is than ours. Still, we sure appreciate your prayers for the health and safety of this baby, and for Kyle's job (and our insurance) situation. I know a lot of people keep quiet for the first few months, but I have come to realize that for my sanity, it's much better to know I have many prayers going up on our behalf!


Thanks in advance for yours! Ya'll are awesome!
p.s....my Dr appt is at 10:00 EST on Wednesday if you can spare a prayer at that time!
(I thought surely the first box of 3 must have been defective, so I bought a different brand for the fourth...lol)




23 comments:

Shaunta said...

OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Lori said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! HOW AWESOME. I am so excited for you and here I email about my goodness and you did not say a word. Stinker!

Elizabeth Hopper said...

OMG! Congrats Deedra! You're gonna be one busy momma! :) Good luck wednesday, i'll be praying for ya! ((((( HUGS))))))

K. Tilley said...

That's just Wonderful News!!! I sure will be praying on Wednesday. I get to go see Dr. H next week but THANKFULLY just for a chech up.......lol

Carrie said...

Congrats!! Praying for a healty baby!

Tonja said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! Another of God's greatest blessings coming your way.
Congratulations!

Mindy said...

OH - Congratulations!!!!! And I have to tell you as another preschooler Mom -- I totally knew who Deigo and Olivia were! =) Can't wait to hear when this little one is coming!

Holly said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! and Busy! Busy! Busy! are you gonna be! LOL Best Wishes and if anybody can handle it you can! You are a great MOM!
I will be praying for you!

Missi said...

Kaitlyn and I are in agreement, we want the new baby!!! Even if it is named Diego. lol
We are so excited for you. And are praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Love to you all.

Cheryl said...

How exciting Deedra! I would loved to have a house full of children. You are truly blessed. I know God will take care of you and the family. This is great news! You are a wonderful Mom.

Unknown said...

God's timing is always perfect...always. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Lori

Dianne said...

WOW! Now that's some news, isn't it? :-) I actually had read that post that included Carter's prayer, but I guess I didn't comment. He's got a direct line, huh? I will add my prayers on Wednesday...let us know what happens! I swear, you would be so fun to live close to! :-)

Karri said...

Oh I am so excited for you (and Carter)! Who knows maybe you will have a Diego AND an Olivia??? You are a great mom and this little blessing is already so lucky to have you in his/her life! We love you and we are here for you if you need babysitters during your pregnancy. I know having 2 toddlers can wear you out when your not pregnant!

Mrs. Watkins said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT??????? WOW WOW WOW! This news MADE MY DAY! I kinda scared Adam I think, when I started screaming! lol. Congratulations! I will be praying for you and your bundle of joy!! I'm with Karri, maybe you will have a Diego and Olivia! lol

Love you!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I think we've already established how happy I am for you!! I vote for Diego AND Olivia. I'll help you hold them at church. :))

terri said...

Oh wow Deedra!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!
I also think it's HILARIOUS that you tested four times. (I did three tests this last time around - you know JUST TO MAKE SURE!)
Fun fun times. I'm praying that all goes well for you and baby. :)

TheiaT said...

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! OR GIRL!!! Way to go Deedra!!!

Wendy L said...

WOW!! Congrats and you are right, God's time is always right. Praying for you.

Leigh Anne said...

Congrats and blessings. I am so excited for you. You are such a great mom and that farm needs to be full of children!

Anonymous said...

Well you already know that I am just as excited about my new niece or nephew, or both, as I was the first two. Also we are praying just as hard this time. Matt and Rachel are really excited. Rachel has already said she hopes it is a girl. I think she wants there to be as many girls as there are boys in the family. You know you can count on her to send up prayers for this baby and you. I cant promise that she want ask for it to be a girl.

As for The Preachers Wife, if it is 2, she can hold one but I get the other. Lol.

A VERY EXCITED AUNT
Tammy

Cheryl said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!
I'll be praying for you this morning!
Congratulations! : )

Elizabeth Hopper said...

WELL, IT'S WEDNESDAY, AND I JUST SAID SOME PRAYERS FOR YA SISTA! GOOD LUCK, AND I'M WAITING TO HEAR HOW IT GOES!!!!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

It's so neat how God speaks to children and answer their prayers! I actually really like the two names he suggested lol Diego and Olivia! I will prob do the same the first time I see a positive preg. test. I will prob take about 4 more though lol. I once got a positive preg test result and almost fainted, I couldn't even get my self to talk lol it was positive though due to a hormone injection I had just gotten but now I have a pretty good idea of how I will react when the Lord says it's time!!!