...turning 33 is pretty great! At least so far. I only start being 33 today, but so far I've gotten out of bed, kissed my kids, watched them as they continue to dream their sweet dreams, and spent quiet moments talking to the very God who knew 33 years ago that I would sit here talking to Him in these moments today.
He knew the very roads that would be traveled to get to this birthday. That there would be days so happy and joyful, and days so sad I could barely breathe. He knew. He knows. He was there too. He is here now.
Wow.
He knows that birthdays are something I struggle with sometimes these days. Not because I'm getting older. No, because He knows that on this day, October 9, my eyes turn toward heaven. I can't help but think of the baby who was to be born on this day. He would have been 4.
Happy Birthday Angel Baby, I hope that you and your older brother or sister have an awesome day. Tell your brother or sister that I won't forget his/her special day either, November 14. I don't know how birthdays are celebrated in heaven, but I know it has to be amazing. Tell everyone hello for me. Tomorrow would be Grandaddy B's birthday, so maybe you guys could do something together like we used to for our birthdays. I can still hear his laugh. It was always so much fun! Daddy and I promise to take good care of your little brother and sister. Someday I will tell them about our angel babies in heaven. Matthew and Rachel always like to think of their angels watching over them from heaven, I know they will too. I love you, sweet baby, Happy Birthday. Love, Mom.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


13 comments:
Deedra,
I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
This post is so sweet. I will be praying for you today and again in November on what I'm sure are hard days, too.
Blessings!
In Him -
Mindy
Happy Birthday! I remember when I turned 33, my first thought was that I was the same age Jesus was when he gave his life for me. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a great day!
OK....that was a tear jerker post!(sniff sniff)
The news was so shocking this morning. The "safe haven" law that is meant to keep infants safe is now being abused in Iowa. Parents are leaving their teenagers at hospitals....can you believe that? I said "What is this world coming to?" and then answered myself.....The End! It just might not be long before you see those angel babies. Anyways, enough depressing stuff......I hope you have a wonderful day that's filled with lots of love and laughter with those earthly angel babies of yours!
Hey! I just turned 33 on Friday, 10/3! I think we could celebrate twice this year, on our birthdays and then in 4 months, we could have a third of a decade party!
And, yes. We should get presents for both!
Hey. I hope you are having a great day. I tried to post a comment on your facebook wall this morning before 7:00 and it gave me some 'authentication failure' message, so I tried from work and got the same thing, SO I decided, "I'll show them..I'll go to blogger and tell her myself!" :-) So, after many attempts, this comes later than I intended but with a full heart of wishes for you for a great day! You are awesome!
Happy Birthday, Deedra!!!
My heart almost burst in this post! As the mother of my own "angel baby" and another "special boy", I can very much relate to the sentiments here.
This was a beautiful way to honor those precious little footprints on your heart.
Thanks for sharing, and have an AWESOME day!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Deedra!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
I would so sing to you if you were nearby, but that's the best I can do from here! LOL
Happy Birthday to you! Well, Happy one day late Birthday to you. Hope you had a wonderful day. God Bless You~
Your post definately touched my heart as you know we have babies in heaven as well.. Thank You for Sharing your Heart and Hope you had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY and many blessings in this new yr. On a sidenote, we are only a few months apart in age :)
It never gets any easier when our little angels birthdays pass does it? You gave them a beautiful gift with your post. I know that they are there by your side and in your heart every single day. Blow them kisses and may God bless you and your whole family here and with him. Happy birthday.
I am so sorry I didn't know it was your birthday and I am just now catching up on reading...I hope your day was a sweet one of rememberance and that you got to do something nice for yourself!
I've also lost two children. One on March 8, 1995. Sawyer was born March 8, 1996. Pretty amazing, huh?
I'm so sorry I missed your B-day. Hope you had a good one! I myself have never lost a child but growing up I lost 2 brothers one was born before me and one after me and I remember him well. Your post just really made me look forward to being with them in heaven. Stephen was born on Oct. 9th...Wow, I know...I could have had Rylie on that same day but since I was naming Rylie after him (Stephen Rylie) it was just a little more than I could stand. God is so good & Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment