Friday, October 3, 2008

Still Here!

Update: I added a couple of pics from my table at the Ladies Banquet. You can make the pics bigger by clicking on them.

..but man have I been busier than I like to be! Well, I really shouldn't say that, I love being involved in everything I can manage to get involved in.......I'm just not used to doing it with TWO babies in tow and a husband who's planted in the corn field as of late!

I am so tired.

Once more for good measure.

I am so tired.

But I just plain ADORE my new "jobs"! My 4 & 5 yr old Sunday School class are just plain adorable. I love the freshness of their love for Jesus. The way they explain things so matter-of-fact, so honest....and yes moms and dads....so completely!...everything!.....EVERYTHING!

My Awana class is super sweet as well! Alot of them are in my SS class and last year I had K & 1st grade but this year since I had 15 Kindergarten sign up and 11 1st graders, they decided to put the 1st graders with 2nd grade and K by themselves. I can not tell you how thrilled I am about this!

Not that I don't miss most of my first graders, it just seems like everything is so much more laid back....so far! Could have something to do with the fact that I'm not pregnant this year? Yeah, probably! No worries though, I still see my 1st & 2nd graders every week as my friend and their teacher, Brooke, tries to wrangle them into some sort of organized chaos. They all still come by to see Lilah since they heard about her and watched my belly grow with her all year last year. She was only a few weeks old when Awana let out for the summer. They are all amazed at how big she is now!

Also, tomorrow night is our annual Ladies Banquet. Several ladies from church host and decorate tables, we fellowship, eat, then worship together. FUN!! We usually have it in the spring but this year decided to switch things up a bit and have it in the fall. Which would be cool if I were firing on all cylinders at the moment. I'm so not!

I usually do a "spring" themed table complete with tiki torches and spring plants and flowers. I'm using the same "bones" for my fall table but like I said, the creative juices just aren't flowing lately like they usually do.

My dining room and garage have exploded these last week with "projects"...note that "s" on the end. I am building...yes, building, tables for my SS/Awana classroom. They are actually done except for the creative bit of painting I want to do...haven't had time or mindset for that lately, building a bookshelf (also done except for paint), and making curtains for my classroom as well. I painted it a few weeks ago. It looks much better but I can't wait to get everything finished!

I've been trying to get everything together for my table for the banquet, organize everyone else who is doing a table, and lining up doorprizes for the event. (I know!...dum dum!)

Did I mention those two babies? Poor things! They have been so patient with me! Our house is a disaster, you can barely walk through the garage, and those dang puppies have destroyed everything in sight in our yard!

Oh, and did I mention we had Lilah's Dedication service at church on Sunday? Not that I had to do much other than make sure everyone knew time and place, but it's still a little stressful. I wasn't worried about how Lilah would do...hello? dream baby! I was a little concerned that Carter might have a meltdown when we went up on stage though....he didn't! He was a dream too! What a beautiful service it was too! Lilah, and two other babies at church were dedicated. As Lilah's Aunt Tammy has said a few times, it was just so beautiful! Not a dry eye in the house! When our pastor, Luke, picked her up to pray over her, Lilah smiled the biggest smile. Beautiful!

Thank you to those who took the time out of your busy schedules, some driving long distances, to share such a special once in a lifetime event with our family, with our precious baby girl. Thank you for the cards and notes. They will have a special place in her baby book. Thank you for your pledges to help us as we dedicate ourselves to raise our children in a Godly manner.....and thank you for publicly dedicating yourselves to do the same!

Okay, I think you are caught up...I gotta get to bed now.

Have I mentioned that I'm tired?

...and that I have two sinusy snotty babies? (well 3 really)

Nite nite!

9 comments:

TheiaT said...

Deedra, Please tell Phyllis hello for me and that I miss and love her! Hope you have a great banquet...I've attended before in past years. Your church always does a great job!

Shaunta said...

Eh. Allow me to scream for you! I only THOUGHT I was busy. LOL

Anonymous said...

This is from Muscle Shoals! I get the crappiest Aunt award. The invite for the is on the fridge and I smile everytime I see it. We just have been a bit overwhelmed lately. I am so sorry I did not even send a card. Love you guys!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh my goodness, no wonder you have been MIA so long, you are so crazy busy! And, I'm so impressed that you are building things, that is so fun! I wish I had the talent and the no how to make anything, awesome!

I'm so glad the dedication service went so well, I think they are some of the sweetest times at our church! I remember Lilla's so clearly and am looking forward to Anna's next spring!!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Your table looked awesome! I only wish I could have been there for the fun!
Huntsville, AL

Full of Grace said...

Believe me, I know what you mean about having two babies! I took all 3 little ones with me to the grocery store today and remembered how spoiled I am to have a teenager at home to watch one or tow of them!!! It's alot of work! It went smoothly till about 5 minutes before we had to leave then Cassandra started crying nonstop. Thankfully I had boxes of raisins in my cart so I had the woman scan them, then tore into them so that I could checkout in peace listening to the quiet munches of my little girl :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Deedra! I absolutely LOVED your table! I honestly beileve that mom would pay you to come set it up in her dining room?! Anyways, Thank you so much for getting the door prizes together! I could not believe that we had so many! Thanks again! Hope you have a great week!

Cheryl said...

You had a beautiful table Deedra! You did a wonderful job. Why don't you go to the website and grab your baby girls beautiful smile and show your blogging friends?? She was so pretty! I surely enjoyed taking pics that day! Hope you are feeling much better today!

Lisa Spence said...

Your table was gorgeous! The whole evening was great!

By the way, I have a Carter as well!

Blessings,
Lisa