Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hangin' Tough....

....was my favorite! My favorite what you ask? Well, if you happened to be a young teenage girl in the late 80's early 90's, it's not a question you'll have to ask! If you weren't, it was my favorite song by a little group known as New Kids On The Block. My favorite member of the group was Donnie....I always was a sucker for a bad boy! (although my parents are relieved that I didn't marry one!..lol)

Anyway! The New Kids (who must be kinda old now) are staging a reunion tour and are giving a preview on the Today show this Friday. Now, some of you may know that I no longer watch the Today show since they went and replaced Katie with that Meredith woman. I did, however, recently decide to give them another shot only to discover that they had added Kathy Lee to the show.....what in the world are they thinking over at NBC???

Anyway, I did hear about the NKOTB reunion there, so they can't be all bad, I guess....or can they? I guess I'll have to tune in Friday to see.

In the meantime, check out a few of the old New Kids tunes on the playlist to get you in the mood for Friday! You can also get a look at them on their website....Here.

I'm interested to see how this comeback goes....

.....while I'm on the subject of music, I was channel flipping yesterday and heard a new version of "Beat It"...the Michael Jackson one, on the radio. Personally, if I were a singer, I wouldn't go near a remake of any song on the Thriller album....isn't it like the highest selling one of all time or something?? Why mess with a good thing?.....(lol, somebody should have told Michael that before he started remaking himself...lol)

....and P.S.....if this post makes no sense chaulk it up to sleepless nights :

5 comments:

Full of Grace said...

We are of the same generation because I LOVED NKOTB TOO :) I saw their reunite pic not that long ago, WOW! They are so not kids anymore :)

Carrie said...

You crack me up!!

I'm with you on the Today Show!

As for NKOTB...not a fan...but enjoyed hearing some oldies...makes you remember back in the day....OUCH!

Mindy said...

I am laughing out loud!
I LOVED New Kids when I was in High School. They weren't even referred to as NKOTB back then.
I even got to go to their concert in Chattanooga at the Round House (do you remember when it was called that?)
I was in the tenth grade (telling on myself I know) and went with a bunch of girls and since it was general admission, we left school and went to stand in line at about 10:30 AM for the concert that was that night. It was that night that the stampede ensued and why they no longer allow general admission at that place!
Thanks for the memories!
And I agree NO ONE shoud redo anything from the Thriller album!!!

Shaunta said...

I haven't heard Hangin' Tough in YEARS! Whats sad is that I still have the videos of them at my Pawpaw's. I wasn't very old when they became famous, but I had a teenage sister, so the cool thing was to follow her every move, thus being my reasoning for being in love with all 5 of them!

Brooke said...

Wow. The memories just came flooding back.....HAHAHAHA!

I was a MAD New Kids fan!!!!!!! I used to know EVERY word of every song on their cassette tape! I may have even had some dance moves choreographed that I practiced in my bedroom when no one was looking. :)) Do you remember Mikie's mailbag on the radio???

Some girls in my class got to go their concert and I was soooo upset that I couldn't. Don't think I didn't check their schedule to see if they would be anywhere close to here!!! HA! Do you wanna fly to Boston with me????

Gotta run...I'm gonna record tomorrow's Today show!!!!!!!