......this grill is on fire!! Seriously! The one day during the week when I have actually got it together enough to grill myself a burger for lunch, and grill some for supper too, I nearly manage to burn the house down!
This all happened on Wednesday of this week. I have this "special" recipe for fabulous hamburgers and had been wanting one for a while, so I thought I'd go ahead and grill them for lunch and then I'd have time to spare before church that night. This was not to be!
I had them on the grill, which my husband got for Father's Day last year, and had came in the house to get my spatula, when I realized there were flames in the bottom of the grill...........where the PROPANE tank is! Uh OH!
So I immediately grab the fire extinguisher from the kitchen and just as I'm about to pull the pin I think, "what if this makes the propane tank explode?" I wasn't sure how to put how a propane involved fire,....so I immediately call my husband at work...(did I mention he is a fireman? I just knew he'd have some "expert" knowledge on the subject!)
Our conversation went like this:
(Me) "THE GRILL IS ON FIRE, THE GAS TANK IS ON FIRE WHAT SHOULD I DO?!!!!!!!"
(Mr. Fireman) Okay, bye!
(Me) stare blankly at phone. He hung up!
(Me)after I redial him: YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DRIVE HERE!!! WHAT DO I DO??
(Mr Fireman) PUSH IT OFF THE PORCH!!!
(Me) WHAT IF THAT MAKES IT EXPLODE?? (it would be landing on concrete) DO I USE THE EXTINGUISHER OR WATER TO PUT IT OUT???
(Mr. Fireman) WATER!
(Me) LOVE YOU, BYE! ( I had to say "love you" because what if I exploded myself?)
Anyway, I did get the fire out and my husband, (did I mention he is fire CHIEF??) sent another fireman who was in my area to check on us (thank you Aaron!). I'm glad he did because I did have enough sense to turn off the gas, after I put on my long oven mits, but I wasn't about to move it off the porch!
But thankfully fireman Aaron did this for me.
All I could think of was Carter standing there watching me through the window (what if I caught myself on fire with him watching???).... he normally is right on my heels but when I saw the fire I screamed at him to get back in the house and I think he was afraid to move!
Needless to say we did not get to have our burgers.......and won't for some time!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


6 comments:
Oh my goodness!! How scary! The last time I tried to use the grill I about singed my eyebrows...the flame came flying up out of the grill! Guess you aren't supposed to lean over the grill huh?
So glad you are O.K.! That would be very scary!
I am so glad you didn't burn the house down! I probably would have burned ours down. I'm glad that Aaron came by to check on you! He is good to have around in some situations.
Oh Deedra!! I am so glad that didn't turn out badly - not that losing your beautiful grill isn't bad but I'd pick the grill over the house anyday. :)
Which leads to my next point. Cooking is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
:)
Lisa
Glad to hear that you are O.K. Sorry to hear about the grill. Good thing Aaron was close. Happy Mother's Day!
Isn't my Brother just GREAT!!!! So glad he could help you out and the fire was no worse than it was!!! Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment