Tuesday, September 18, 2007

:-) is 25 years old????

....my goodness! I am obviously way behind the times! This evidently was invented by a professor in 1982, if you are interested, you can read the entire, long story here. I have only been aware of that symbol for MAYBE 10 years! I guess that just proves that we tend to be a little behind the times around here..... :-)

Anyway, I have nothin much to blog about the last few days. I have barely left the couch. I'm not complaining, only sharing. I actually felt so bad yesterday that when Carter had a poopy diaper ( a nasty runny one) I thought to myself. "Who could I call to come help me change him?"...lol Can you imagine getting that phone call? I'm sure whoever I called would have come running due to the fact that I had apparently lost my ever loving mind. And poor Carter, he' d have worn the dirty d until they got here...Yuck! I ended up sucking it up and changing it, but the simple fact that the thought crossed my mind had to shoot me up a few notches in the Loser Mom category.

...also! I'm back to the doctor tomorrow morning, so please say a prayer! Hopefully, we'll be able to tell just exactly how many are in there this time. My mother in law actually reminded me today of something I hadn't even thought of. Twins do run in Kyle's family. His Grandpa Smith (who happens to be turning 87 this month) has a twin brother, and his Grandma Smith had sisters that were twins. You remember Grandpa Smith, right? Anyway, my mother in law also informed me that she thought that if this is twins, I should just go ahead and get my tubes tied while I'm at it.....oh, yes she did! Just as I was opening my mouth, (or rather, pulling my jaws off my knees, to inform her that it was none of her business) she said she guessed it was up to us to make that decision,.....(YA THINK??) and could I bring macaroni and cheese to Grandpa's birthday dinner on Saturday? ........ She occasionally still catches me off guard even after all these years!

Well, anyway we'll find out for sure tomorrow I hope!

I gotta go now, I hear Millionaire coming on TV and I absolutely must change the channel before that Katie-Couric-Wannabe gets started with her goofy jokes! :-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that sounds like my MIL!

I've had twins...they are fun! I was so scared when I found out, but God was there...the things that happened were such a blessing to me...I saw the hand of God throughout my pregnancy! I had a quick study of twins once I was pregnant...here's the low-down *giggle* Fraternal only run in female (2 eggs dropping and all)...Identicals just happen. They don't run in either side of the family!

Anonymous said...

I would not consider you a loser mom over the diaper issue, I remember days when I was pregnant with Amber and having to contend with Brandon. You know, come to think of it, I am still having to contend with Brandon! LOL! I will be praying for you tomorrow. And by the way, I believe I have everyone beat on MIL issues!

Brooke said...

Ok don't even try to think that you can beat me out of my Loser Mom status!!!! Leaving my child at daycare is WAY worse than wanting someone else to change his diaper...I do that all time...matter of fact where is Jamie when I need him? LOL
I am saying a prayer for you that your appointment goes well!
I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand Veredith!!! LOL LOL LOL

Brooke said...

I mean Meredith!! LOL LOL LOL

Mindy said...

Will be praying for you tomorrow!
blessings!
In HIM -
Mindy

Alycia said...

I just said a prayer for you today as I know exactly how you feel when you shared about your doctors visits. I was the same way with my daughter after having two back to back miscarriages. I was a nervous wreck with each appointment and stomach was in knots as well. I clearly remember that feeling! And, I remember the sweet relief with each ultrasound and when she finally starting moving. I also rented a doplar before her movement started so I could check her heartbeat. Praising God with you wether there is one baby or more ~ what a miracle!!!

I too, had to use progesterone with her (it was a suggestion, which God ordained) and I didn't have any complications at all with Hannah. I'll be back to check in on you. I do pray your sickness lifts ~ that is SO difficult. But, yes, it is a very good sign :)

Blessings Deedra!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the day that same MIL told me that me and Clay should only have one child. This came out of the mouth of a woman that has not one, not two, not even three, but four sons. I thank God she kept trying for that GIRL. If not, we wouldnt have our wonderful husbands and even more wonderful children.

Julie said...

I have totally had moments where I wanted to call someone to come and change a diaper. Definitely does not make you a loser mom.

Hope all is better soon. Can't wait to hear about your doctor appointment.

Andie said...

Ok, I'm the looser mom...I din't just think about calling someone...I DID CALL HUBBY HOME FROM WORK...but here's the whole story.
I was pg with #2, #1 was only 9 or 10 months old at this point. Hubby is a pastor and we lived just across the street. It was Sunday morning, before church (although he was already 'dressed' for church with his alb and stole). Anyway, after trying to clean her up and throwing up 3 or 4 times, I did call him to come home. I could not change her diaper...or even put a clean one on her. I was standing there by her changing table with the garbage can there to catch my puke, crying when I called him and he came right home. We still all made it to church on time. :-) Is he a great hubby or what??
Andie