Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's A.........


Test.

A Test that tells you if it's a Boy or a Girl.

It's not an ultrasound. It's a cup. And you pee in it. And then it tells you.

Or does it?

You can decide for yourself. My results are about as clear as mud. The "sample" is supposed to match up to the strip color on the bottle with either "Boy" or "Girl" written on the side of the bottle.

Super scientific.

Don't judge me, it was a gift.


Depending on the lighting the sample basically matches whichever color you convince yourself it matches.

As of right now, we are not planning on finding out what this baby is. I actually had two different sonograms at my last visit, and one dr offered up a guess. I declined to hear it and it. was. painful. See, that same dr offered an early guess with Lilah and he was right. My dr's office does an ultrasound at every visit which will make it hard not to find out! However, I do love this about them and in my opinion it only adds to their overall awesomeness!

Whatever it is, I am feeling baby moving now from time to time. I thought that this time it would be a breeze to recognize baby's movements since, you know, I've done it a time or three. But actually I didn't figure into those calculations the fact that I pretty much always have one of my babies kicking me, poking me, climbing on me, ...so, sometimes it's pretty hard to tell which one it is I'm feeling.

You may remember that we knew what Lilah was from about 15 weeks and we FINALLY agreed on a name about a week before she was born. Actually I'm not really sure you'd even say we agreed, more like, Kyle wanted to get some sleep and I wouldn't shut up about a name. Panic mode had long since set in. He finally said, "I don't care what you name her as long as it isn't Layla." I sat straight up in bed and said, "How about Lilah, then?"

"Sounds good to me...Goodnight!"

LOL.

We may be in trouble here.

I'm due November 20thish. Maybe he/she will have a name by Christmas....

Also, this is my 401st blog post! THAT is a LOT of babbling!

7 comments:

Jen said...

lol you crack me up..... I so want to find out but my insurance only pays for two ultrasounds unless I am considered high risk.... so I do not get another one until the first week of August. I so hope to find out then. I have so much to get!!!! starting from scratch is stressful...lol keep me posted!

love you

Mindy said...

That is funny.....I have to say that when I went to the hospital to be induced with our baby boy, we took the name book with us and read it in betweet contractions...

Full of Grace said...

Thanks for the baby update...I've been hoping for one :)

Not to help or anything, but babyzone has a gender prediction test you take (you plug in your bday and duedate I believe) and it tells you if you are having a boy or girl- it has been right each time for me....

If you don't want to know you may not want to play the game, but it really did work for me :)

Looking forward to hearing baby names LATER on! :P

Tonja said...

I like the old way when after you heard the baby had been born, the second question was "what was it?" Something about that surprise! Very few things are surprises anymore...times have changed so, and technology is so great. But, if you work it right...this can still be an unknown until the end. I hope you don't find out...and then get the joy of seeing what God blessed you with when he/she is breathing the sweet air of life!

Carrie said...

I love it that you're not gonna find out what it is. How exciting!

Karri said...

I think its great that you are not finding out! Either way, I know it will be as sweet and beautiful as your other two are!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

You are prepared for either so yay for it being a surprise. :)

But, that means coming up with TWO SETS OF NAMES. I'll get Sam on it. :):)