Friday, September 5, 2008

Five Months

Dear Lilah,


I can barely believe that a couple of days ago you turned five months old! It seems like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting your arrival.

I continue to be amazed at how sweet and pleasant you are! All the time! As long as you're fed you never
fuss in the slightest. Unless your brother bites you on the belly in the bathtub like he did tonight. Even then, you didn't cry much at all. Though you did get even with him. You pee'd in the water while wearing your biggest grin, which sent him screaming from the tub. That's my girl!

Even when you had your ears pierced earlier this month, you didn't shed a single tear! I decided to go ahead and get that done because even attempting to clean your big brothers ears can get very dramatic, so I wanted to avoid a big production later. I'm glad I did! It's been 4 or 5 weeks now and you haven't fussed with them once. Carter says that your "earrums" look pretty! I think so too!

When we went to the pediatrician when you were only a few days old, we didn't get to see Dr. Jeannie, we saw Dr. McClain and she went on and on about how spunky you were. I thought she was nuts! You just laid there looking around, she should have saw Carter at 3 or 4 days old if she wanted to see spunky! I didn't know babies came as good as you! I am now seeing what that wise doctor saw then. You kick those feet constantly and jabber and coo as long as you're awake.

Carter gets a big kick out of your continuous "talking". He always wants to know, "What's Lilah saying, Mom?" I started out saying, "I don't know" but I figured out pretty fast that wasn't going to work. He just kept asking and asking until I told him what he wanted to hear. Now when he asks I tell him something like, "She said, Carter, you should really pick up your tractors so Mom doesn't have to." or "She said, Carter your hair looks so good when you let Mom brush it." or "She said, Carter I'll be so glad when I'm big like you and I get to brush my teeth!" It seems to tickle him, but he might think you're a little bossy. Sorry about that! (but I'm not stopping! HA!)

You have rolled over a few times no
w and are sitting up pretty well "tripod style". I don't think it will be long before you can sit unassisted! You are starting to drool and chew on anything you can get into your mouth so I don't think it will be long before you get some teeth. Everything you do is so animated, it's hilarious to watch you try to get things into your mouth! You use both hands and both feet! So cute!

Your favorite person in the world, except of course your mom, is your big brother. You watch his every move with absolute and complete delight! Even when he climbs right up on top of you and says "what you doin', doll?" I know that can't be comfortable for you, but you smile your biggest smile for him! You both love bath time! Mom loves it too now that you're big enough to get in the tub with Carter. You both giggle and chatter the whole time.

One of my favorite things you are doing right now is when I am holding you and I kiss you (which I do a time or thousand a day!) you grab on and attempt to "kiss" back. I love it! (I do realize that you are probably just trying to get anything into your mouth that feels good on your gums, but it still warms my heart!)

I am so blessed to be your mom. I thank God daily for trusting me with caring for you. I look so forward to w
atching you grow and learn and play!

I love you so much, Lilah!

Love,


Mom

.....p.s. you can still enter the Mule Day Giveaway through September 9!

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

She is just SO CUTE, and I love your love letters to your kiddos! You should print them out and keep them for their scrapbooks/baby albums!

My kiddos keep asking me when I'm going to get Christiana's ears done since Cassandra has had hers since she was around 6 months. I figured probably around 4 months just like you did.

Loved your pictures, keep em coming :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet idea.
I love all the pictures but the picture of the two of them in the buggy is to cute. What a couple of cool cats you have!

Melissa Lea said...

I just think your kids are adorable! And I just love to read your letters to them! I am working on one for Andrew, but I don't know what to say. Too many things I guess! Anyways, Have a great day!

Shaunta said...

It doesn't seem like any of the babies should be as big as they are! Love the pictures! The Walmart buggy one is my favorite!

Lori said...

It goes so fast doesn't it. The picture in the grocery cart had me laugh out loud.

{{hugs}}

Dianne said...

PRECIOUS pictures!