...yes! I'm still hangin' in there. I have my orders to stay off my feet as much as possible and this time, I'm trying to do just that! As of now I'm scheduled to deliver via C section on April 10. I myself will be amazed if I make it to that date (I will spare you the details as to why I think this...). My mother in law is convinced that I'm going to have her any minute now. I don't think it'll be quite that soon, but the lady did birth 4 of her own so I will choose not to argue with her on this particular subject.
In other news, baby news that is....(lol, like I have any other kind lately!) we have decided on a name. Her name is going to be: (drumroll please!!)
So far everyone in the family likes it, or at least hasn't said they don't.........except for the MIL. One thing I'm thinking she's coming to realize is that her opinion has no bearing whatsoever on the choice we have made and will continue not to. (...and just to clarify for anyone who might be wondering,....we are NOT naming her after the mayor. Not that there would be anything wrong with that, I'm just saying....). Lilah is being named after two people who I know will be very special in her life. One of them, my dad who's middle name is Ray, knows this. The other doesn't know it yet but I know she will be thrilled when we tell her.........
One more thing. I got the sweetest package in the mail this week from a fellow blogger and friend. I cheated on Dr's orders and drove to the post office, (because my husband never remembers to) and discovered a package waiting for me all the way from New York! My friend, Elizabeth, at FullOfGraceNBlessingsInAbundance, sent me the sweetest card and most adorable outfit and blanket! After seeing so much blue baby stuff with Carter, it tickles me to open up something beautiful and pink! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, Elizabeth! I can't tell you how special you are to me!
Now, I'm off to give my husband further instructions on what baby stuff to bring downstairs from storage. Then, I'll give him instructions on how to turn the toddler bed back into a crib and where I want it, then I'll tell him what stuff of Carter's I want put back upstairs in storage...........oh and then there's all those things that have to be taken apart and washed and then put back together....lol....I bet he's never so glad to go back to work as he will be tomorrow where there's no bossy hormonal pregnant lady telling him what to do!


13 comments:
Oh that is a very pretty name. I like the spelling. You do not have very much longer. She will be here before you know it. I know you are very excited. Hope everyone is well at your house now. Wishing for you a wonderful week! Please say a prayer for our Drama Team, they will be performing next Sunday. Thanks - God Bless~
Well that is just a BEAUTIFUL name. I love how you are spelling them both. Very pretty.
Now if we could just come up with one for our little bundle......
I Love the Name, especially, Lilah! I am a "namesake" kind of person too. My first daughter who I lost was named Grace Antoinette Rose (Antoinette is my mom) Cassandra Brookelinne Elizabeth is named after a few people but especially my Oma, and Christiana Sara Anne will be after my other Grandma which uses up all the important namesakes in my family for girls! :) I know it took awhile to come up with a name, but it is worth the wait (just like she is) :)
I'm so glad you got the pkg, and that it came at a good time! I had a week like that a few months ago, and got surprize pkgs for Cassandra and it truly brightened my day. I'm thankful for you too and CANNOT WAIT to meet your newest baby girl (via internet of course) :) I'll be praying for you even more now that you are coming close to time!!!
Beautiful name!! I'll be praying during these final weeks.
Blessings,
Susanne
I am with you on the pink stuff. I don't know if you will read this before I get a chance to come by, but while Clay and I were in the Smokies this weekend (no kids) I got to do alot of shopping. I so enjoyed getting to buy pink for Lilah. I was buying for Matt, Rachel, Carter, and Lilah and I think Lilah came out better than any of them. It was hard to pass up some of those good deals on all those little girl clothes. In case you have not already realized, as they get older the clothes get less cute and more expensive. Lol.
I hope to get up there soon.
Tammy
Love the name!! I think the wait was worth it! Enjoy the rest while you can!
Take care!
Looking at the count down on the babyastrologer makes me nervous......only 24 more days....I know you will be glad to get her into this world. Lilah Rae is a beautiful name.....can't wait to see her....
That is a beautiful name.
I LOVE namesakes. Although, I have to admit that if this baby is another girl (which is suspect that it is) -- I am out of namesakes going into the 4th time around.
Blessings!
In HIM -
Mindy
What a beautiful name! I know she will be pleased with it, as well! What little girl would not want to be called Lilah? So sweet and very Southern!
Take good care.
I can't wait to see her smile like her big brother! He always brightens my day!
Aww, that is such a sweet name. I can't believe you are so close to deliering your little girl. Why is it other people's pregnancies always go so much faster than your own? Hmmmm.
Stay off your feet and take care,
Julie
oh Deedra! I LOVE the name you've chosen! So beautiful and sounds like she'll be quite the southern little lady!
Take care of yourself over the next couple of weeks! That precious girl will be here before you know it!
Happy Easter to you and your family!
I have been so MIA from blogland lately I didn't even realize you were this close to delivering. Holy cow, I'm sure you've already had her by now so...Congratulations!!
I was so stunned to see you name her Lilah. Is that pronounced like my daughter's name? Her name is Lilla. It's pronounced like Lily only with an a sound on the end, not an e sound. I've never met anyone, outside of Hungary or India with that name before.
Anyway, I hope it is the most wonderful experience ever!
Oh, and I hope Carter does not have anymore grabbing poopy out of diapers moments for you. I tell ya, boys are so different than girls!!
Post a Comment