I love fall, don't you? I love it when the leaves start changing. I love it when the corn gets picked, and the pumpkins are ready to be harvested. LOVE it! It probably helps that I love all things "comfort food". The first day it was remotely cool & rainy I jumped at the opportunity to make Loaded Potato Soup. Yum! I've also made Taco soup, and rest assured as soon as I make it to the grocery store again, there will be homemade chili in my crock pot!
This fall in particular I'm loving the cooler temperatures. I have never been pregnant during the heat of late summer before and I must admit I herded my little ones outside many mornings super early so we could get in our outside time before it got too hot for mom. We are all loving the weather so much we can rarely be found indoors during the daytime now.
A few days ago I was even inspired enough to attempt flying a kite with them on a particularly windy day. If this baby decides to hang out in utero longer than I like, I might try that one again. I seriously thought I would give birth right in the front yard after that little bit of fun.
I forgot how much (ahem) running was involved in flying a kite.
I'll pause now while you experience the full visual of that moment..................
As for what's going on around here, I'm staying pretty busy with my photography. The first round of Fall Portraits is this Saturday.....and I'm SUPER excited about that! Then I have a few appts scattered through next week and another round next Saturday, then a few here and there up until delivery. I have lots of ideas that I can't wait to use over the next few weeks. God is really blessing us with this new venture!
Baby is doing great, rolling and moving. I'm going to the Dr every 2 weeks now and probably after this Friday's appt every week. This Friday I have a 4D ultrasound scheduled so I'm hoping he/she will cooperate and we can get a good face shot! I have good ones of both Carter & Lilah and will treasure them always!
On a side note, since Kyle was laid off in May I have dealt more with insurance than I care to and learned something that didn't shock me, but did further convince me of the awesomeness of my OB. I hear a lot of people say their insurance doesn't pay for ultrasounds, or only pays for 2, or won't pay for 4D ultrasounds. Get this. My Dr does an US at every single visit throughout the entire pregnancy, but they only bill for 2.....and! if your insurance doesn't cover those, they don't bill for any of them!! How is that for fabulous care??!
So, in honor of the rain I can hear hitting the windows now (which has been hanging around here alot lately, but who can let a little rain keep them indoors?), I'll leave you with some of my latest fav pics of my little ones. I so love them and have them ordered to hang in the playroom which is super colorful. 


This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


6 comments:
Cute pictures!
That is one fabulous ob. I can't believe they give you that many ultrasounds, we are just happy to get the one! Wow!
I am so impressed with you continuing to do photography through your pregnancy. You go girl!!
Yes, I loved Dr. Brody who was in with your Dr..... it's nice to see your baby every month to make sure they are ok!
Hey I'm off for like the next 6 days and we are not going up north so I'll be doing NOTHING. UGH. So call me if you do anymore kite flying, I mean, anything fun.....hahaha
(I may still take the night off from AWANAS if that's ok? ha)
Love the pictures!!!! I need to bring Jack over one day!
Love the pics! You are an awesome photographer!
Love the pictures!!
Wonderful pictures. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with them last night. I am so thankful for those two and the third on the way. Our family is so blessed.
Tammy
As an amateur photographer, I LOVE your photos...I would love to know how you did the photos in B&W but kept the umbrella as full color - the colors just POP!
:)
Post a Comment