Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sixteen Months



Dear Lilah,

A few days ago you turned 16 months old. You are such a good baby. Yes, you are still a baby to me. You love to laugh and smile, and you have most certainly perfected your "little girl squeal" and love to use it at every opportunity. You are working really hard on your vocabulary and it seems like you add a new word every few days. You have mastered Mom, Dad, Carter, Papa, Paw Paw, & Maw Maw, just to name a few. You can ask for a "drink" or your "cup", and of course "bite" was one of the first ones you said perfectly. You crack me up when you want attention and get right up in my face and say "heeeey" and flash your biggest smile.

I thought you might never learn to walk. You still do it sparingly since you can crawl at the speed of light. Your big brother wants to hold your hand while you walk so bad...but your not having any of that. He slows you down. Your favorite mode of transportation is your ride on princess car that Papa & Gran got you for Christmas. You wheel yourself around on that car like nobody's business.....and you love it so much that no matter how much the Disney Princess music that constantly streams from it gets on my nerves (and Dad's & Carters) , we have resisted the urge to take out the batteries.....so far.

You are so sweet, but you do have a serious mischevious side. You never miss an opportunity to pull your big brother's hair, and if he ever does anything to make you mad you don't cry....you just smack him and go about your business. I have a feeling that he won't always think it's as funny as he does now, so we need to get a handle on that pretty quick.

You love to dance and sing. Any time music comes on you dance and sing along. You and your big brother never miss a chance to turn on the country station set on daddy's clock radio and have a dance off on our bed. It's so funny to watch you two dance and giggle at each other.

You love to be outside and rarely have time for a quiet moment, but when you do, you love to look at books. Whether I'm reading them to you, or you "read" them yourself, you love it and chatter your way through each book. You don't care much for TV, but you do have a deep love for Blues' Clues. The Intro song can flat stop you in your tracks. Anytime you get fussy in the car your big brother can calm you down, get you to sleep even. He just starts singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to you and you listen intently for as long as he'll sing...or until you fall asleep.

You bring such a sweet joy to our lives, Lilah. I can't wait to watch you become a big sister in a few short months. I can only hope that you will love your new baby brother or sister as much as your big brother loves and adores you. I am so very blessed to be your mom.

Love,

Mom

Did I mention you currently enjoy eating dirt?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful baby

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful baby

Tammy P

Christina Watkins said...

I agree. She is one beautiful baby. I would be tickled pink if ever child I have looks and acts like sweet Lilah. I love reading these when you write to your kids! Makes me cry sometimes, and I don't cry much! Im just ready to see that sweet baby boy/girl and how precious they are!

TheiaT said...

what a little doll baby!!!

TheiaT said...

what a little doll baby!!!

Leigh Anne said...

Precious.