Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carter says......


"Mom, give me a lot of chicken, I need to grow so I can drive the combine."



"When I get big, I'm gonna drive that rocket.......and Daddy's gonna go with me" (while driving past the Space and Rocket Center Saturday)



"Lilah, I'm your big brother and that means I'm the boss...and I'm gonna keep you safe."


While his dad was lying exhausted on the couch, Carter stood on top of his knees and said, " I'M THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!"


"Mom, I am not going to sit in Santa's lap this year.....I might kick him and tell him I don't want his stupin (stupid) presents."



Carter to my baby bump, "Hi baby! It's your brother, Carter! I've got a question for you! Would you shut up?!"


Carter put his straw to his belly button and informed me he was giving the baby in his belly a drink. Then he proceeded to tell me that growing a baby "sure is hard work".


"Thank you God for sending the rain to water the cows, the corn and to wash Mom's car"


While laying on the couch watching TV with his dad, a ZQuiet (anti snore device) commercial came on, Carter says, "Dad, you should get one of those. Then you wouldn't wake us up with your real loud snoring."


Again to the baby bump, It's your brother, Carter, your name is going to be Roadgrader and when you come out I am going to spit on you!" Nice, Carter.


Each time his dad is leaving the house, Carter runs to the door and kisses him bye. Then he says (everytime) ....."Bye Daddy! I love you! Don't run over any trees, or old coyotes....and don't back into the pond."


"Mom, I don't want you to go to the hospital to let the Dr cut the baby out. (He vividly remembers being away from me for the majority of 2 days when I had Lilah) I'll just cut it out for you with Papa's knife."

*On a side note, we no longer watch the Discovery Health Channel, and mom sleeps with one eye open. :)*

**Carter is currently 3 years and 2 months old**

6 comments:

Tonja said...

What a great pic! And what imagination! He'ss never believe he said all these things in 20 years!

Hope all is well with you. Take care!

Shaunta said...

Hilarious! My favorite Carter-ism was the Roadgrader one. It's a good thing older siblings typically don't name younger ones, or there would be a lot of kids with names like that!

Leigh Anne said...

I never get tired of Carter stories. I think he may be a natural entertainer.

Jen said...

Carter is my hero.... I just adore his personality.. wonder who he got it from????? lol

Hope you are feeling well... I am just not lookng forward to going back to work!

love you

Karri said...

That boy is a hoot! I can just see those big brown eyes and facial expressions to go along with all the sayings. Did you tell Carter you weren't taking name suggestions from anyone including him? Haha!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Great stories! Keep posting them...this way you wont forget them when you are old like me!