....You may remember last month when I relayed the horrible news of the passing of our faithful friends, Sam & Lexie. They were our labs that we'd had for 10+ years. As you can imagine, with the 2 year old and the 4 month old, plus the new kitten that Maw Maw gave Carter, well, I just wasn't sure if I was up to tackling a new puppy so I hadn't really been actively looking for one (or two, cause everyone knows puppies are better in twos, right??)
Dad had given the guy Kyle's cell number and when I didn't call him, he called us!
Any hesitation I had about getting a new puppy flew right out the window when Carter saw his new puppies. He was SOOO THRILLED! His little face absolutely lit up! He has played and played and played with his (& Lilah's) new puppy dogs.
Now the challenge is to name the little cuties! Carter named his kitten Floppy Cat, sometimes he calls it Flop. (I have no explanation) He started out calling the puppies Ruby...both of them, so one of them will be Ruby for sure. I'm trying to convince Kyle to let me name the other one Catherine (If you live near here, or know Kyle's family, you will so appreciate this one! LOL), I also thought about Merle & Maxie (sisters who live in our community), but when he started calling one of them Ruby that ended that.
I love to name pets after people I know! It makes it fun! We had these donkeys once named Clyde & Pearlie. So if you guys have any suggestions for Ruby's sisters name......please share!
In the meantime, Carter runs to the back door to make sure they are still there every time he thinks about it! He still asks every single day where Sam & Lexie are. I started out telling him that they got sick and went to heaven which basically got a blank stare from him, then I finally just said they are down behind the barn and left it at that. Then yesterday he surprised me.
He was saying "Thank you, God for sending the rain to water the corn and the cows." "Thank you God for Lilah, and Mama, and Dad." (He calls Kyle "Dad" lately which is beyond adorable!!), then he said, "Thank you God for sending me some puppies". Then he stopped and looked at me and said, "Mama, Sam & Lexie are in heaben with God. And Heaben is in the sky."
"That's right, baby" (through tears)....my baby is growing up!


14 comments:
That is the most adorable thing. I had to fight the tears. Don't they learn so fast!
Holly
I am still laughing my head off. When I read Ruby then Catherine I thought I was gonna to fall out of the chair laughing.
Tammy
Too cute! My daughter and I have been campaigning for another dog, but my husband won't budge!!! They do grow up fast!
LOL I know where Clyde and Pearlie came from.
Name the other Starr. Nothing else in this world has either of my names.
Girl as a Mom of all boys, you had to know this post would leave me in a puddle of tears.
Nothing sweeter, nothing.
I say name them "Maxie and Merle" them two old ladies crack me up!!
Dee from Tennessee
Absolutely precious....
Nothing will put a smile on your face faster than a puppy. Enjoy!!!
Adorable!!
I'm thinking Max(ine) and Ruby.....cartoon characters.
How adorabee. And of course I let the tears flow. That was the sweetest prayer. He is so cute. Brandon got a kick out of him Sunday, looking at him saying "Whats up?"
What about Roxi?
Irene?
Loved the pictures!!!!
How adorable is that? Totally the reason Lilla got a puppy at Christmas time last year. Even though we already had a beagle, we just knew she would melt when she saw him. And she did, she called him Buddy from day one and it was precious. She still loves her some Buddy lovin', although that puppy look sure has changed! LOL
Post a Comment