.....so you all know that Lilah is here, but maybe you're wondering how things are going since the new addition arrived on "The Farm"? Well, let me just share a few things....
* Carter adores her. ADORES her! The first place he goes every morning is to the bassinet. I don't really know how much Lilah enjoys this since the first thing Carter says to her is..."Lilah,...WAKE UP!!"..lol
*She is such a sweetheart. She almost never cries and when she does, it's one little cry then she's done. If she didn't look so much like her brother, I'd wonder if they gave us the wrong one.
* I wouldn't remember whether or not they gave us the right one either. I developed some complications after the C section and don't remember much of anything on the day she was born or the day after...and not much the day after that! Thank you God for a healthy baby, and for a healthy mommy...and a fabulous nurse and doctor!!!!
*Carter wants to hold her at least 30 times per day. When he isn't holding her then he must show her how he dances, how he plays with his tractors, etc, etc, etc..... He thinks she has been sent here to be his audience of one and that he is totally the star of the show. I hope she likes the entertainment!
*Lilah poops projectile poop. Carter thinks it's the coolest thing there ever was. Mommy has to learn to get out of the way!
*Carter has some sort of coughy, snotty nose thing, which the Dr says is viral (which apparently is good??) and Lilah is coughy and snotty too (Dr says this is probably mostly newborn reflexes????).......this really wears on mommy's nerves since a sick (or reflexy) newborn is a new thing for me. Carter didn't so much as cough until he was 18 months old!!
*Lilah is a big cousin! My first cousin, Emily, who is just a couple of months older than I am, gave birth to a little boy, Koen Micah, on April 6! Just 4 days after Lilah! Isn't that too cool??
*One last thing, (sorry this one is short, but it's literally taken me 3 days to manage to sit down long enough to type this much), for those of you wondering how her name is pronounced, it's like Delilah, (the one in the Bible) only without the "De".
Thanks for all the emails and well wishes! Hopefully I won't go a week and a half before blogging again!


16 comments:
I'll say it again! She is beautiful! And yes she is Carter's audience, and at some point when she looks at him there will be this adoring gaze that will just melt your heart, because she will see her big brother and he will ROCK! Take care of yourself! Thanks for the post I was wondering how you were doing!
Deedra you give birth to beautiful babies, you better watch some baby magazine is going to see this an call her for modeling already =) Thanks for sharing the pics.
Deedra,
I was glad to see your post- I'm sure it's difficult to find the time, and strength to do it right now, but I loved your update. I am SO GLAD that Carter is "in love".
I had a Dr. appt yesterday. When I got home, Samuel was taking a nap. Very soon afterwards he woke up and took one look at me and started crying. I asked him what was wrong and his response was "Where's Christiana?" We have been talking about how I will have to go to the hospital and the dr. will help her come out of mama and apparently when he found out I was going to the dr. he assumed I was bringing Christiana home too! :)
Enough on that though- Lilah is just beautiful, Congratulations again, and how are you feeling???
Adorable! How precious- a baby sister with her big brother! That'll still be just as cute in 16 years, I think!
And a short post, 1 1/2 weeks apart? What? Are you busy or something?!?! :) We understand, but thanks for trying to fit us in!
A
She is adorable.
About the projectile poop --
When my first daughter was born, I was changing her after a feeding in the middle of the night -- in mostly darkness when I heard and felt something. I turned on the lights (which were nearby - I was just trying not to hurt my eyes) and she had hit me, and the wall ACROSS the room!
I am hearing ya about the projectile poop.......since I've never had a boy, I'm wondering do boys do that?
Should I be prepared come August?
Have a great day!
in HIM
Mindy
Deedra she is too cute! I know Carter is so proud of her! It seems like there is something in the water though...my cousin just had her baby. 2 months and 6 days after Clayton, and we will have ANOTHER new one in the next two months! I am gonna quit drinking water now.
Shaunta
How sweet ! thanks for sharing!
Well, she is just gorgeous. Her skin is such a pretty color!! Glad everyone is adjusting well to the new resident.
Congrats again. :)
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats! I'm so happy that everything went well...or sorta well! HA!
She is beautiful. She looks like you! Glad to hear she is doing well and so are you. Hope all of you have a good day!
How blessed you are! She's a beauty! I am so glad you are doing well now and sorry you had complications. Take care of yourself. Love her name, by the way!
She is adorable and I look SO foward to hearing the stories about her and Carter. I'm sure they will be great! :-)
She is adorable! I know you've got your hands full! I'm impressed that you can even do a blog! Way to go girl!!
Awww...sounds like you are all having a sweet time enjoying your new little one! Congrats again!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! It had been awhile since I "stopped by", and I am so glad that I did. She is precious!! :-)
Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!! I can't believe I missed this post! I'm subscribed now so I don't miss any more!! She's beautiful!
Post a Comment