Really? It's almost been a month since I posted? It's hard to believe that our little Walker is a month old already! He is such a sweet baby. He only cries at diaper changes or when his sister smacks him with a large bottle of Bath & Body works Vanilla Bean Noel.....and he's beginning to tolerate the diaper changes a little better. The Vanilla Bean Noel, notsomuch. (it's put away, hopefully it was a one time thing!)
Anyway, it's been such a whirlwind month around here! The first couple of weeks the ladies from our church blessed our socks off by bringing food every single night! That was such a wonderful help! It allowed me to rest up and feel human again! I always forget how miserable the end of pregnancy feels until I'm not pregnant anymore. I think it's a God thing! He lets you forget the bad parts so you'll want to have more babies!
Carter is a fabulous big brother. We already knew this, but having another baby has just confirmed for us that he was meant to be a big brother. He has taken it in stride, and never fails to kiss Walker at least 150 times a day.
Lilah is doing good too! She loves "thebaby", and is sure to pick him up at least once a day. Yes, I watch her, but she is a climber and she lies in wait until I turn my back for a second and she can make her move. The good thing is that she only wants to love him, so she is always gentle (as gentle as a 19 month old can possibly be) when she gets her grubby little hands on him.
Kyle is (still) trying to get all the beans harvested, and I have been in full swing with my photography so it's been a little bit of an interesting juggling act the last couple of weeks but it has been fun! Yesterday was the first time I actually left Walker anywhere but at home with Kyle, and it was to photograph a 2 week old baby boy, so I was afraid I might weep and leak and all other things hormonal new moms do.....but I didn't!
I also didn't waste any time getting back to my parents house to pick them up!
I have to wrap this up, but first I have to tell you that Carter is going to be "performing" with the children at church in the Christmas program. Kyle has taken him to all the practices so I haven't seen it, but he sits at the piano to "practice" and sings words that I'm pretty sure would not be part of any religious Christmas song, and shows me dance moves that are a mixture of Toby Keith and MC Hammer, so I'm really looking forward to this performance.
........and I really hope that after the "performance" our family isn't asked to move to another church. :)
I'm looking so forward to Christmas this year! Our little ones are at such fun ages! This is the newest pics of the grandbabies on my side of the family.....don't you think it's going to be fun?!
...and loud?! haha!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago


2 comments:
Lilah looks like she is in deep thought. LOL And yes, it will be VERY loud!
I miss you, but can completely understand! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with ALL of your blessings :)
Post a Comment