Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Mine....









We are so excited to introduce you to the newest member of our family!

Walker James Pike made a surprise appearance on Sunday, November 8 at 7:44pm cst!

He weighs 6lbs 8oz and is 19 inches long. My awesome Dr came in on his weekend off, immediately after his family arrived home from vacation to do a c section. Have I mentioned that we think he is awesome???! I was a nervous wreck as it was, had I been left in the hands of anyone else, I'd have lost it for sure! A HUGE HUGE thank you to Dr Harnsberger (and his family) for sacrificing the last hours of their weekend for the sake of delivering our baby safely!

Since Walker was still 4 weeks early, he had to go directly to the NICU because of some problems with his breathing. He has since been taken off the vent, and is breathing really well on his own. Hopefully, he'll be able to come home in a day or two!

At this point, I have only gotten to hold him twice and I just fed him for the first time this morning! We are having to do bottle feedings right now to measure how much he gets, but hopefully he'll be able to nurse in a couple of days.

So far, he is an amazingly calm baby boy, and seems to be oblivious to all the loud noises going on around him in the NICU. (this will most certainly come in handy when he comes home!)

Carter and Lilah still haven't gotten to see their baby brother since only parents and grandparents are allowed in the nicu. Carter is really bummed about it, and Lilah isn't sure exactly what's going on, but she knows she doesn't like it! I'll be glad to get everyone home together so we can get into some sort of routine as a new family of five!

Kyle and I have both been really shaken by all of this. We are so thankful for healthy children and while it is so hard to leave Walker behind when we exit the NICU, we know that he is healthy overall and pass by many beds of babies who are so much sicker than ours. We are so blessed!!

Thank you for all the calls, texts, visits, flowers, food,housecleaners, babysitters, and especially for the prayers! I'd also like to give a big thank you to Jason, Amber, & Loren for the fabulous Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice they brought me yesterday! SO GOOD!

I can't tell you how much we love and appreciate you all!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy he is doing well! I can't wait to see him in person!
Brooke...

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

He is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for normal either so I can hold that darlin' boy! SO SO happy that everyone is doing well. Love you!

Aimie said...

Oh he is sooooo beautiful!! Congratulations on such a miraculous blessing!! NICU nurses are the best, and he will be home in your arms before you know it!! Oh I am so happy for you all!! What a blessing!!!
Congratulations again and Happy Birthday Walker James!!!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh Deedra! He is absolutely gorgeous!
Congratulations!! I'm so glad that he is faring well considering his early arrival. What a precious boy. <3

Melinda said...

Oh Deedra...how precious is HE?? So thankful he's doing well and pray you're all together soon.

Big hugs,
Melinda

Mindy said...

Deedra! HE is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Glad that he is doing so well ! Hope you all get to go home very soon together!
in HIM -
Mindy

Tonja said...

My, my! What a beautiful, beautiful baby! Things change quickly, don't they? My neice is expecting in a few weeks. She has been on bedrest for 3 months due to BP...and in the hospital for 3 weeks!
So happy you and Baby are safe and happy! God bless you all!

beckyjomama said...

Praying for that sweet BEAUTIFUL baby boy! Congratulations!

Elizabeth Hopper said...

Uh, what happened to the pic of kyle at the beginning of this post? am i losing it?

Shelly said...

He is precious...

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy. Hope he gets to come home soon too!!

Unknown said...

Ok I am sooooo sorry I am late on this. I am so excited it is a boy!!!! CONGRATS GIRL. These brothers are going to have a blast.

A Stone Gatherer said...

He is so beautiful and precious!