"Hello, Deedra!
Is your child a little ray of sunshine at the sitters' but a thundercloud when you show up on the scene? Try not to get upset by these end-of-day meltdowns. They're signs of true love: Your toddler knows that it's safe to let out all of his pent-up feelings around you. While you may be tempted to run a few errands on your way back to the house, you should probably opt to put those tasks on hold until your child is more at ease. It's a decision that could make your evening a lot more enjoyable."
****courtesy Babycenter.com weekly newsletter****
Yeah, whatever, babycenter.....what-ev-er! My child has gotten to the point that if I leave him with a sitter, let alone 2 in one week, he really makes me pay.(did anybody see him Wednesday night at church? or Sunday night?) They say the more they stay the better they get. Not Carter. He stayed with a sitter 3 times this past week (for a few hours at the most!), and he has been a clingy bundle of nerves the rest of the week...(my hair does look really good though! :) Thanks, Kayla!
Anyway, I have done the unthinkable in order to avoid leaving him much this next week. I have an OB appt this morning (very early) and it's time for his 18 month checkup, so I made both appts for the same day. They are a few hours apart, but I have some shopping to do, so we'll just do that in between. No problem.
I'm delusional.
Please say a little prayer.
The sanity prayer maybe.


6 comments:
Hang in there, it does get better. I remember when Hayden was that age. You get dressed to go somewhere and 10 min. after you arrive, if not before, you feel like you have been ran over by a train. I used to think, Why bother going to church, I didn't hear a word the preacher said, but it's for the childs best interest and God will bless you for it. Hayden would be so loud and disruptful that I would be crazy but intruth, I was the only one who he bothered, nobody else seem to notice(or at least that was what they were telling me) BUT I'M Telling the TRUTH, Carter did not bother me one bit Sunday night!!
Just hang in there!!
Hey I can remember those days. But like Kerri says, nobody notices like a Mom does. It always made me really nervous for my kids to act up but everyone else would say they were not being bothered. I always felt like ALL eyes were on me. They seemed to always look my way with this "can't you keep your kids quiet?" look! I took Anna out every Sunday night and spanked her for 3 months! Oct, Nov and Dec 1992! I remember specifically and so does she. I thought she would never learn to be quiet. Hope you have a good week! God Bless!
Deedra,
I say this in the most calm and loving preacher wife way, but
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND DOING BOTH THOSE APPTS IN ONE DAY?
Okay. I'm done now. You are such a good mom and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Love you!
Lisa
You're funny, but oh how I sympathize. Everyone tells me the peanut is just so much fun and a bowl of laughs when I'm not there. I walk in the door and it's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I am so not kidding!! Oh well, I'm just chalking it up to the fact that she loves me and just wants to be with me. Hey, I have to tell my self something to make it through the day, right? :)
I will swap 2 nephews for your Carter any day! HEHEHE!!
Amber loved that Carter pushed Dad out of the way to sit by her Sunday night! He is the cutest kid I know! And yes, you are a little out of your mind to make those appointments in the same day. Sounds like something I would have done!
Post a Comment